SSX Game Guide
Table of Contents
- Much like in the last Alps level, your maneuvering is going to be tested pretty hardcore here. You are mostly going to find yourself going down very narrow paths for the first bit. Once you hit more of the open areas, you’ll be able to move around a bit more. These areas don’t last long though0- it’s a pretty short course that you’re just going to have to sprint through by mashing your directional pad and steering around the rocks and trees.
- Your next task will be racing Bulldog. You will have to outscore Ty this time around. Go off the first jump straight and you will be able to go off the arrowed ramp. Keep to the right and use your combinations with your grinds to rack up the quick points.
- Whenever you get a chance, take the more elevated paths in this level. The higher you stay, the more quickly and fluidly you will be able to move and flow with your combinations.
- Your next course, Zombies and Jetpacks, probably has the coolest name of any track here. Or is it just me? You’re going to want to keep right to the beginning, but once you see the red rail, don’t be afraid to grind it as it goes off the ledge. It will take you to an easier and quicker path, giving you the advantage.
- This race is a bit tough and there is little room for error- do not do anything to break your rhythm or speed. If you do, you may want to save yourself the trouble and restart the race. You don’t have to be perfect in this race but you can’t stagnate at all.
- Your next level is New Zealand’s Mornin’ Tiger. This level is very open (essentially the opposite of those rocky courses you had to deal with in the Alps). Don’t be afraid to pick up as much speed as you want since your steering has some flexibility this time around. In fact, everyone’s going to be moving very quickly in this race. Much like the last one, keep the speed going, even if it seems out of control, and do not stagnate.
- In Jack Knife, you will have to place in the Top 3 to advance. This one is tough as your visibility will be limited.
- Be conscious of your pulse at the bottom right of your screen. Be ready to make very quick moves since you can’t see too far ahead of you. You will probably find yourself accidentally dropping into some impossible to spot chasms. If this happens, don’t panic- rewind immediately.
- Your very last Deadly Descent race is going to take place against, you guessed it Griff. Let’s piss him off one more time, eh?
- Never take your eye off your pulse in this race. Move quickly and trust your instincts- a lof of these jumps are intimidating as heck. The good news is that you will be able to get massive amounts of points and get yourself to Tricky quickly. You will need to do just that- Griff brought his A game.
- Stay to the right of the course on the ledge. Once the ledge runs out, stay in the middle and be ready to avoid a series of very tall trees. Once again, there are chasms that you might slip into. Quickly rewind your way out of them. At the very end of the race, you will get a whole bunch of consecutive arrows and boosts. Victory is yours. Congratulations on finishing the 9 Deadly Descent playthrough of SSX!