Stalker Patch 1.0006 Imminent
Word from the Stalker Network is that patch 1.0006 has been unofficially released. Both the Russian, World Wide and the US versions are available on the GSC FTP site. However until THQ and GSC have officially announced it, players should use it at your own discretion. The full details complete with links and patch changelog are listed after the break.
Personally I would be very reluctant to download an unannounced patch. It might turn out to be in holding because the devs are trying to work out some last minute fixes. The patch notes should be pretty reliable though.
There was out in russian, but then I found it on the FTP of GSC. This is the original post by Redentor (a user of STALKERHispano):
The 1.0006 is released at last!!!!!!!
You can download the WorldWide Version from here:
Or the US version from here:
This is the Changelog:
-= 1.0006 =-
Saved games from 1.0005 version will work with 1.0006 version.
Connecting to the server will be possible only if the host’s version of the game is the same as yours.
The patch 1.0006 addresses the following changes:
Multiplayer game changes:
1. Fixed crashes connected with memory allocation.
2. Fixed crashes upon disconnecting of the client, who didn’t have the map used on the server (when using a game MOD).
3. Added uptime parameter to the dedicated server info, indicating the time of uninterrupted server functioning in days, minutes and seconds.
4. Fixed crash connected with the shooting from the grenade launcher.
5. Fixed crash connected with dropped/eaten item.
6. Fixed crash connected with starting new game (for example, upon map changing).
7. Fixed crash connected with joining to the server upon map changing (the client respawned on the old map, while the other players already switched to the new).
8. Fixed bug with killing the players when too many players appeared on the base when the round started.
9. Fixed bug with killing the player when throwing a grenade.
10. Fixed bug with player’s invisibility when putting armor on.
11. Fixed bug with entering invalid commands in console.
Multiplayer game additions:
Added BattleEye option (Anti-Cheat system: http://www.battleye.com)
1) Protects network packages and the server;
2) Used only with the Internet server;
3) Added servers filter to the “Network game; Server” and “Network options” menus;
4) Uses automatic Internet updates.