Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations (Mod)
Fleet Operations is a multiplayer-orientated mod for Star Trek: Armada 2 that seeks to recapture the series’ Star Trek roots.
Each ship is redesigned with more realistic textures, each race has a single, newly-designed tech tree, asteroid fields are more realistic, the star maps are improved, and a new credit system allows you to create a number of special race-specific ships.
- 5 races including Federation, Klingon, Borg, Romulan and Dominion
- Each race features 2 Avatars supporting your preferred tactic
- Over 200 brand new ship and station models
- All new multiplayer maps in realistic environments
- Long-lasting battles with tons of new weapons and sound effects
- Ship experience and level-up system
- Completely reworked Artificial Intelligence
- Dynamic Game User Interface
- Reworked balance system
- New Soundtracks (Multimedia Pack)
- Installs right off your Armada II CD – no pre-installation required
- Latest Armada II Patch included – based on Star Trek Armada II Patch 1.2 Project
- Widescreen, enhanced multi-monitoring and build-in multisampling support
- Windows Vista UAC compliant
- Integrated Map Manager
Check out this impressive intro cinematic:
Sure, the explosion effects aren’t great, and you can point out a few other nitpicks, but bear in mind: this is not a professional cinematic — just a fan-made one that looks damn near professional.
Download Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Operations now, or visit the GameFront Armada 2 network site, where you can find this and other great mods, or join the community and contribute your own creations.