Starcraft II – Information and Screens
StarCraft II continues the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg sagas. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced RTS sequel to the original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II presents a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer online play through Battle.net, the company’s gaming service, with several enhancements and new features.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
- Groundbreaking single-player “story-mode” campaign
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
When will Starcraft II be available you say? Well, according to Blizzard: “At this point, it’s too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.” EB Games is now taking pre-orders, and has a shipping date of October 1, 2008 listed, but stay tuned and we will give you more updates when they are announced.