Steam’s 2014 Summer Sales (Updated Day 6 Deals)
We’re now approaching July and the annual Steam’s Summer Sale kicked off late last week to much fanfare. The trouble with buying all these cheap games, is you’ll never find time to play them all. This year’s seasonal sale has a few notable changes, giving us a nod into the direction of the PC gaming industry:
- Pre-ordering AAA titles, like Dead Rising 3, is now part of the Summer Sale
- Early Access titles are more prominent, as seen in last weekend’s batch of Daily Deals *cough* DAYZ *cough*
Dead Rising 3 received a surprising 25% off pre-order discount last week, which might mean seasonal PC gaming sales will now include pre-order titles as part of its staple. On Day 3 of the Steam sale we also saw a whopping 4 Early Access titles out of the batch of 9 Daily Deals. While the merit of Early Access title is up for debate, whether you like it or not they’re now part of the seasonal sales (granted thus far we’ve only seen the more “completed” Early Access titles).
Below you’ll find some of the top pick Steam Summer Sale deals along with all the other hot deals across the web we’ve found for the week.
Best of Day 6 Steam Summer Sale:
Noteworthy pick includes Saints Row IV which hits lowest ever price along with Metro: Last Light Complete Edition. Rogue-like fans should also pick up FTL Advanced Edition which can be hours upon hours of enjoyment for only five bucks.
- Murdered: Soul Suspect — $33.49 (normally $50)
- Saints Row IV — $9.99 (normally $40)
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition — $6.79 (normally $20)
- Metro: Last Light Complete Edition — $6.79 (normally $20)
- FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition — $3.99 (normally $10)
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 — $2.49 (normally $10)
Releases September 5: Dead Rising 3 — $33.75 after coupon. List: $50.
Perfect for those that missed out on the Steam 25% off pre-order deal as GMG is beating out with an even better price of 10% instant saving stacking with 25% off coupon.
Releases June 27: Sniper Elite III — $30.00 after coupon. List: $50.
Pre-order bonus includes the Target Hitler: Hunt the Grey Wolf DLC. Yep, day 1 DLCs are always a fan favorite, right?
- Far Cry 4 (Uplay) — $47.99 (normally $90)
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (Origin) — $47.99 (normally $60)
- Grid Autosport (Steam) — $37.50 (normally $50)
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Uplay) — $11.25 (normally $15)
- Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade — $11.25 (normally $15)
Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 + Corsair CS550M 80 Plus PSU — $199.99. List is $340. Combo deal which also includes 2 free games from the AMD Silver tier.
- Western Digital Red 3.5″ 4TB Hard Drive — $139.99 (normally $200)
- Samsung 840 EVO SSD 2.5″ 120GB — $69.99 (normally $79)
- Dell Tilt & Swivel Dual Monitor Stand — $64.95 (normally $120)
Other Notable Deals:
Microsoft Surface RT 32GB Tablet (Refurbished) — $159.00 at eBay. List is $349. Microsoft apparently still has a truck load of these because they’re clearing them out at the $160 price point. This is pretty solid deal if the aunt/uncle/misc family member needs a tablet of some sort. Comes with 1 year of warranty straight from Microsoft. If not, the $130 refurbished 2nd Gen Nexus 7 listed below is also a good pick.
- Google Nexus 7 FHD 16GB (2nd Gen) – Refurbished — $129.99 (normally $230)
- $100 Toys R Us Gift Card — $85 (normally $100)
- Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (Refurbished) — $74.99 (normally $160)
GameFront deals are brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. Look for the week’s hottest deals for gamers every Monday afternoon.