Survival Horror Title AMY Delayed Because of Price Point

Downloadable survival horror title AMY was due to hit the Playstation Network and Xbox Live this week, but trouble with pricing is causing the game to be delayed.

Developer VictorCell decided to drop the price from $14.99 to $9.99 on the Playstation Network after it ran a Facebook poll among players, asking if they’d rather have the game at a lower price point if it means they have to wait to get it. More than 70 percent of votes received (1,090) went toward waiting for the game if it meant the PSN version would be three dollars cheaper. The other 30 percent of votes (470) went toward opting for the higher price and getting the game sooner.

The price mess wasn’t an attempt for VictorCell to scrape a few more dollars out of AMY when it goes on sale — instead, it found that the 1,200 MS Points price tag in Europe was too high, so it decided to bring it down to 800 points. The infrastructure for changing the price tag on the PSN isn’t as flexible, though, so it means a delay for the game.

AMY drops on Xbox Live on Jan. 11 (tomorrow) and on PSN on Jan. 17.

Via VG247.

Escape the zombie apocalypse, rescue Amy, and save yourself with Game Front’s text walkthrough for AMY!

Join the Conversation   

* required field

By submitting a comment here you grant GameFront a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate or irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin's discretion.

No Comments on Survival Horror Title AMY Delayed Because of Price Point