Sword of the Stars II Gameplay Trailer & Screens
The 4X genre of strategy game has held onto a niche — but loyal — fanbase. If you’ve never heard of 4X, that’s eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate, with classic examples being Masters of Orion and Civilization.
A “gameplay” trailer for the upcoming 4X sci-fi strategy game, Sword of the Stars II: The Lords of Winter, has been released. I use the term “gameplay” loosely, here — it’s in-game footage, but it’s just a showcase of the ship and station models.
- Lead one of six playable factions, including a mysterious new race with an influence that was felt throughout SotS I, as you strive for galactic dominance
- Discover highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts and different space terrain
- Experience 4X space strategy in stunning new ways with the powerful MARS 2 graphics engine
- Design and build your own ships – including the formidable new Leviathan class – with new levels of detail, including specific sub systems, allowing for more fleet strategies and tactics
- Research advanced technology, from the Fusion era to the Anti-Matter era, and beyond…
- Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
Watch the trailer:
The model designs are well-done, but those are some garish color schemes.