Terraria 1.2.4 Update: How to Get the Bee Mount
Go for a spin on the Bee mount introduced in Terraria’s 1.2.4 update with the guide below, explaining how you summon this fuzzy giant friend. As you’d expect from a massive buzzing worker bee, this mount flies through the sky with ease, giving you even more mobility while exploring Terraria’s procedurally created worlds. Keep scrolling to learn how to get one of your own.
Check out more open-world randomly-generated madness with the Minecraft Show featuring James and Mitch. Check ot the Terraria review to see what we thought or learn more about the game our top 10 Terraria mods list.
How to Get the Bee Mount
- The new 1.2.4 update to Terraria adds the Honeyed Goggles item. Using it summons a flying Bee mount to your side, giving the player free reign in the skies.
- Honeyed Goggles are only dropped from Queen Bee bosses. There are multiple ways to summon Queen Bees, but they always appear in some variation of the Jungle Biome.
How to Summon the Queen Bee
- Queen Bees most commonly can be summoned inside a Bee Hive. These dangerous hives are located in Underground Jungles. Each world can contain several of these hives, so it’s possible to fight the Queen Bee multiple times by invaded the hive.
- To make the Queen Bee appear, you’ll need to destroy Larvae. The Larvae appear as large (about player-sized) bees stuck inside semi-transparent crystallized shells. Destroy them to summon a Queen.
- Some hives can contain two Larvae. Don’t break both at once, or you’ll have to deal with two Queen Bees at the same time.
How to Craft Abeeminations
- If you run out of Larvae in a world, there is a secondary way to summon Queen Bees — by crafting Abeeminations. These items are crafted by hand using the following ingredients:
- Honey Block (5)
- Hive Block (5)
- Stinger (1)
- Bottled Honey (1)
- Honey Blocks and Hive Blocks can be found inside the Bee Hive minibiome. Destroying Hive Blocks summons weak bee enemies that will drop stingers. To craft Bottled Honey, collect Honey Blocks and use empty glass Bottles by hand while standing next to the honey.
- Once the Abeemination is created, use it in a Jungle Biome to summon a Queen Bee.