The Broken Age: How to Unlock Retro 8-Bit Mode
The Broken Age doesn’t just call-back to the classic games from LucasArts, it includes a hidden mode to stimulate the nostalgia centers of our brains. With a few sneaky steps, you too can flip between regular mode and a secret retro mode in Double Fine’s Kickstarter adventure.
Join the Game Front crew and take a trip into the fantastical past (plus the sci-fi future) in our Broken Age video walkthrough. For more secrets and unlockables like this, browse the Broken Age cheats list.
How to Unlock Retro 8-Bit Mode
- Go to Options on the Main Menu.
- Adjust the resolution down to 640×480 (lowest setting).
- Select Key Remapping to bring up the key input commands window.
- A new icon featuring Shay & Vella should now appear in the lower-right corner.
- Set a key for the new icon. Pres during gameplay to toggle retro graphics mode.
Enjoy! If the resolution doesn’t match your computer screen, you can now return to the options menu to reset Broken Age to the correct native resolution.