The Cave Walkthrough
Puzzle 9: The Boat
Characters: Hillbilly, Time Traveler and Twins.
- As the Twins, swim to the ledge on the right to read the Old Sign and proceed forward through the Master’s Gate.
- Examine the next cave painting to see a picture of “Forced To Eat!” and proceed forward across the sand to enter the boat ahead, then take control of the Time Traveler and put him in the boat as well.
- Take control of the Hillbilly to push the small boat forward into the water and jump into the front seat to activate a cut scene, then take control of the Twins to climb the next ladder ahead and jump to the ledge on the right.
- As the Time Traveler, push the boat forward across the sand to drop it off the two ledges ahead and into the small pool of water in the cave area below.
- Join the Twins on the ledge above to proceed forward uphill and pick up the Straight Pipe near the peak, then ascend the next ladder at the top to jump onto the ledge above and examine the painting ahead to see a picture of “His Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather”.
- Take control of the Twins and make your way to the Time Traveler’s current location, then pick up the Cross Pipe and drop to the ledge below to approach the blue crate on the right.
- Push the crate over the edge and follow it down to the ground below, then pull the box backwards against the wall on the right and use it to reach the ledge above.
- Proceed forward to jump the gap ahead and descend the ladder at the end to make a right at the bottom, then pull the next blue crate backwards and leave it against the rock wall on the left.
- Use the blue crate to reach the ledge above and proceed forward through the tunnel, then jump onto the next wooden platform ahead and move across it to ascend the rope at the end.
- Jump to the ledge on your right and insert the Cross Pipe into the Pipe Socket, then take control of the Time Traveler and descend the ladder in front of you.
- Climb onto the ledge on your left to insert the Straight Pipe into the Pipe Socket above, then take control of the Hillbilly to join the Twins at their current location and climb the ladder beside them.
- Examine the next cave painting on the right to see a picture of “A Broken Heart” and pick up the L Shaped pipe, then jump the gap beside the Twins to head left and climb onto the ledge at the end.
- Jump across the gap in front of you to continue moving forward and insert the L Shaped Pipe into the Pipe Socket against the wall, then descend the ladder on your right to move left at the bottom and turn the Water Valve ahead.
- Pull the boat out of the water on your left and drag it into the next pool on the right, then jump across the vessel to reach the metal ledge on the other side and drop to the ground below.
- Descend the next ladder to make a left at the bottom and pull the Pirate Flag ahead, then take control of the Twins to make your way to the Time Traveler’s current location and climb the ladder on the right to ascend the hill at the top.
- Clear the next gap to pull the Pirate Flag on the other side and take control of the Time Traveler to join the Twins at their current location, then continue moving past them to swim through the pool water ahead and jump across another gap.
- Flip all three Pirate Flag switches with all three characters to open the gate in front of the Hillbilly, then take control of him to pull the first barrel backwards and leave it at the bottom of the incline behind you.
- Roll the second barrel backwards to leave it between the grated metal platform and the pile of three small stones, then move back through the gate to collect the Femur and pull the third barrel onto the right edge of the platform.
- Pull the first barrel up the incline and continue moving right at the top to light the fuse, then quickly push the barrel back down the incline and activate a short cut scene.
- Afterwards, climb the ladder in front of you to make a right at the top and use the wooden platform to ascend the next rope above.
- Make your way across the ledge on the left to climb down the next ladder and head right at the bottom to drop into the pit below, then pull the Lever beside you to raise the gate and push the boat forward onto the wooden platform at the end.
- Enter the boat and take control of the Twins to travel to its current location, then turn the nearby Water Valve to raise the hot air balloon and take control of the Hillbilly again.
- Push the boat downhill to activate a short cut scene and land in the water at the bottom, then pick up the nearby Box of Crackers and make your way to the Time Traveler’s current location.
- Head left past the Time Traveler to tame the Parrot with your Box of Crackers, then return to the Hermit waiting in the boat and activate a short cut scene.
- Afterwards, take control of all three characters to put them in the boat together and complete this puzzle.