The Cave Walkthrough
Puzzle 5: The Miner’s Three Carts
Characters: Hillbilly, Time Traveler and Twins.
- As the Hillbilly, swim to the ledge on the right and drop down into the next area ahead to regroup with your team.
- Use the Hillbilly and the Twins to pull both nearby levers in unison, then take control of the Time Traveler to jump onto the rock that falls from the ceiling and continue moving right to finish clearing the pit of spikes.
- Descend the next ladder ahead and make a left at the bottom, then climb down a second ladder against the far wall and use the rope beside you to reach the wooden platform below.
- Climb down the last ladder to make a right across the cave floor and use the long rope ahead to reach a second ladder beneath you, then descend onto the mine cart tracks below and move left to encounter the Miner above.
- Take control of the other two character and have them visit the Miner on the mine tracks below as well, then take control of the Time Traveler again and approach the items being tossed down at you.
- Quickly snatch up the Bucket laying on the mine tracks and retreat from the area before the Miner blows you up with dynamite, then climb back up the long rope to return to the tunnel above and approach the water puddle to your left.
- Fill your bucket with water from the puddle and return to the Miner’s location in the area below, then wait for him to toss a stick of dynamite into the air above you and catch it with the bucket to put out the fuse.
- Climb back up the long rope with your Bucket o’ Dynamite in hand and jump to the ledge on the right at the top, then use the nearby flame to light the dynamite’s fuse and place it in front of the rubble pile ahead.
- Wait for the explosion to clear the rubble blocking the path in front of you and take control of the Twins to have them travel to this location as well, then continue moving forward with them through the tunnel ahead and slide down the rope at the end to land on the mine tracks below.
- Move right across the mine tracks to climb the next ladder and examine the cave painting at the top to see a picture of “Trying Again”, then take control of the Time Traveler to slide down the rope ahead as well and make a right at the bottom.
- Jump over the mine cart behind the ladder ahead and start pushing it towards the left along the tracks, then take control of the Twins to use the nearby Claw Lever and remove a chunk of gold from the gap below.
- Take control of the Time Traveler to allow the gold to fall into your mine cart, then allow it to roll down the hill in front of you and raise the barrier below.
- Watch the mine cart roll through the next tunnel ahead and eventually stop in front of the Miner on the other side, then climb back up the rope above to move left and collect the Bucket of Water again.
- Travel back to the Miner’s location in the area below and catch another stick of dynamite in your bucket, then return to the Puddle of Water on the ledge above and climb the ladder beside it to light the fuse with the flame at the top.
- Use the dynamite to destroy the pile of rubble directly to your left and move forward past it to jump the next two gaps ahead, then examine the cave painting to see a picture of “Greatest Employee Of All Time! Not Him!”.
- Take control of the other two characters and move them to the Time Traveler’s current location, then drop the Twins through the first gap to land on the wooden platform below and push it all the way to the ground.
- As the Hillbilly, join the Twins on the wooden platform they’ve pushed down below and pull the mine cart to your right on top of it.
- Remove the Twins from the wooden platform and take control of the Time Traveler again, then stand on the wooden platform to your right and switch back to the Hillbilly.
- Jump repeatedly to raise the wooden platform so that it completes the track above and walk in front of the ladder on your left, then take control of the Twins and have them join the Time Traveler at his location.
- Take control of the Hillbilly to quickly jump onto the right-side platform and push the mine cart in front of the ladder on the left, then remove the Time Traveler and the Twins from their platform below.
- As the Hillbilly, push the mine cart onto the left-side platform so that it descends all the way to the ground and take control of the Time Traveler to climb the ladder on the right.
- Jump across the gap beside you to climb the ladder in the middle and step onto the right-side platform at the top, then take control of the Hillbilly and join the mine cart on the left-side platform.
- As the Twins, join the Time Traveler on the right-side platform above to take control of the Hillbilly again and push the mine cart in front of the tunnel entrance on the left.
- Put the Hillbilly on the right-side platform and the Twins on the left-side platform, then push the mine cart into the next tunnel ahead and watch it travel to the Miner’s location.
- Collect your Bucket of Water again to return to the Miner’s location and catch another stick of dynamite, then travel back to the previous tunnel you cleared of rubble and climb up the rope hanging in front of it.
- Ascend the next ladder to approach the flame on the right and light your dynamite with it, then place the explosives in front of the rubble pile past the second ladder ahead and retreat to safety.
- Take control of the Hillbilly to visit the Miner again and pick up the Shovel laying on the ground, then travel to the Twins current location and move forward through the tunnel that has just been cleared of rubble.
- Jump across the gap at the end to examine the next cave painting and see a picture of “His Childhood Best Friend”, then climb down the next two ladders below and enter the mine cart on the left.
- As the Twins, travel to the Hillbilly’s location and push the mine cart he’s in towards the left to get it rolling on its own.
- Watch as the Hillbilly rides the cart back to the Miner’s cave area, then put all three characters together in this location to cause the track beneath them to collapse and complete this puzzle.