The Cave Walkthrough
Puzzle 6: The Twins’ Mansion
Characters: Hillbilly, Time Traveler and Twins.
- As the Hillbilly, dive beneath the water to navigate the snaking tunnel below on the right and surface on the other side to reach the ledge on the left.
- Examine the next cave painting to see a picture of “Years Later… A Job At The Carnival” and swim back through the underwater tunnel to rejoin the rest of the group, then take control of the Time Traveler and approach the door that opens to your left.
- Drop over the ledge in front of you to enter the tunnel below on the right and continue your descent to reach the darker areas of the cave, then proceed forward at the bottom and jump onto the next wooden platform ahead.
- Climb to the next ledge above and approach one of the three levers at the top, then take control of your other two teammates and have them join the Time Traveler at his current location.
- Pull all three of the switches in unison to open the gate ahead and take control of the Twins to jump across the next gap, then proceed forward to drop down alongside the wooden structure in front of you and land on the first platform below to the right.
- Move forward into the wooden structure to descend the steps and ledges below, then enter the middle corridor ahead to collect the umbrella and turn back around to climb the staircase above.
- Ascend the steps and ledges above to make a left at the top, then make your way up the overhead platforms in front of the red corridor and proceed towards the right to climb onto the next small staircase ahead.
- Stand beneath the Attic Hatch and jump to pull it open with your umbrellas, then climb up into the room above and examine the painting on the left to see a picture of “Next Time, More Devious”.
- Make your way down the previous ladder and set of steps to return to the level below, then head left to drop through the next gap and descend another staircase.
- Drop over the next ledge on the right to descend three more staircases and enter the dining room on the left, then pick up the Hammer behind Mummy and turn back around.
- Exit the dining room to climb the three staircases above and return to the attic, then approach the loose floorboard on the right to hammer it into place and proceed forward across the room to reach the fuse at the end.
- Pull the cardboard box away to collect the fuse and turn back around, then push the boxes out of the attic and down the steps ahead.
- Jump the next gap on the left to insert the fuse into the box, then continue pulling and pushing the cardboard box down the various staircases below until you return to the dining room.
- Push the cardboard box left across the dining room until they are directly in front of the dumbwaiter, then flip the nearby switch and head right to leave this area again.
- Return to the previous Fuse Box and push the cardboard box forward against the far wall, then return to the dining room and approach the dumbwaiter lever again.
- Split the twins in two and allow the ghostly half to pull the lever, then move the real half into the dumbwaiter and ride it to the next floor above.
- Collect the Empty Chamber Pot and move through the door on the right to return to the dining room, then climb the ladder in the middle of the area to approach the Faucet on the left and use it to fill the pot.
- Return to room where you left the cardboard box and climb on top of it to reach the ledge above, then ascend the two ropes ahead to land on the roof of the mansion and move to the right across it.
- Approach the Chimney at the opposite end of the rooftop and pour your full chamber pot down into it to put out the fire below, then descend the ladder to enter the room on the left and collect Skeleton Key.
- Unlock the Study Door to travel to the hallway directly beneath you and unlock the Living Room Door to continue moving forward, then push over the Book Shelf to reveal the cave painting and examine it to see a picture of “This Should Do The Trick”.
- Exit the living room to descend the next four staircases below and open the Cellar Door at the bottom, then collect the Dog Food and return to the dining room on the floor above.
- Move past the dumbwaiter to fill the Empty Dog Bowl with food and take control of the Time Traveler, then turn around to drop beneath the wooden ledge and head right to start descending through the various cave rooms below.
- Examine the cave painting at the bottom to see a picture of “The Sting of Accolades From Co-workers” and proceed forward to drop through the next gap ahead, then continue moving to the right and turn the Steam Valve.
- Take control of the Twins again to return to the cellar on the floor below and approach the left-side wall to collect the Rat Poison, then make your way back to the dining room and take control of the Hillbilly.
- Turn around to drop beneath the wooden ledge below and jump the gap on the right to collect from the Pit of Bones, then approach the Guard Dog at the mansion’s front door and give him a bone to distract Mummy inside.
- As the Twins, pour the Rat Poison into the Pot of Soup and return to the cellar to collect the Skeleton Key again.
- Climb the next two staircases above to turn around at the top and jump into the corridor across from you, then unlock the Front Door to proceed forward and complete this puzzle.