The Cave Walkthrough
Puzzle 8: The Crystal Cave Monster
Characters: Hillbilly, Time Traveler and Twins.
- Pull all three levers to open the next metal gate and use the Smurg to unlock the next door, then drop down the ledges below to proceed forward and approach the gap at the end to be snatched up by a monster.
- As the Twins, clear the gap ahead to continue moving forward and drop over the next ledge to make a right at the bottom.
- Approach the campfire ahead to collect the Batteryless Tape Recorder and turn back around to drop through the next gap in the bridge, then move right to descend the ladder below and make a left at the bottom to reach the Crystal Cave Monster.
- Enter the creatures mouth the be flung into the next room ahead and continue moving forward to locate the Time Traveler, then climb the nearby ladder to ascend the ledges at the top and use the rope above to reach the crate on the left.
- Shove the crate off the two ledges below to have it in land on the metal platform and descend the ladder to return to the ground, then push the crate against the wall on the left and climb up to the next ledge above.
- Move left to jump to the next ledge above and examine the cave painting on the right to see a picture of “Soon To Be 100% Parent Free!”, then continue heading left to drop into the pit below and collect the Dead Battery from the Dead Robot.
- Place the Dead Battery inside the Batteryless Tape Recorder and pick up the entire device, then return to the Time Traveler’s location and drop off the Unpowered Tape Recorder.
- Pull the lever above on the left and take control of the Time Traveler to pick up the Unpowered Tape Recorder, then drop through the gap on the right and take control of the Hillbilly.
- Drop into the room where the Time Traveler is currently located and examine the cave painting on the left to see a picture of “The Perfect Gift To Win Her Love”.
- Pull the nearby Lever to open the gate and take control of the Time Traveler to drop over the ledge ahead, then proceed forward through the tunnel to climb the ladder at the end and move right at the top.
- Examine the cave painting ahead to see a picture of “A Million Years In the Making” and climb the ladder beside you to ascend the ledges above, then continue moving towards the left to reach the pool of Electric Eels and dive into the water.
- Swim through the pool of electric eels to reach the ledge on the other side and examine the next cave painting to see a picture of “A Plan Is Hatched…”, then make your way back through the water and return to the hut with the green roof below.
- Place the Tape Recorder on the ground to let it record, then pick it up again to make your way back to the Crystal Cave Monster’s location and drop the recorder for a second time to let it play.
- Pick up the Tape Recorder and enter the monster’s mouth to be flung into the next room ahead, then drop the recorder behind the creature and approach the crate on the left to pull it backwards.
- As the Twins, to pull the lever to lower the metal platform and take control of the Time Traveler again to push the crate on top of it.
- Take control of the Twins to pull the lever for a second time and raise the elevator platform, then take control of the Time Traveler again and push the crate off the ledge on the right to strike the Crystal Cave Monster below.
- Pick up the Tape Recorder and return to the campfire area above, then drop the recorder to let it play and collect a Hotdog from the machine in front of you.
- Return to the Crystal Cave Monster’s location and use the Hotdog to lead the creature back onto the stone bridge surrounded by warning signs behind you.
- Watch the stone bridge collapse beneath the Crystal Cave Monster, then drop through the gap that’s been created to fall a long way down and land in the pool of water below to complete this puzzle.