The Last of Us Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Quarantine Zone
- Follow Tess through the gate and down the alley. Head down the street and take in the post-infected world. Following the cutscene to the gated checkpoint area you were attempting to gain access to, turn around and flee by following Tess.
- Once you get inside the building, heal yourself using the health kit she provides for you. When you get to the hideout room, help Tessa move the entertainment unit to gain access to the hidden tunnel. Follow her to the storage area and pick up your gear on the workbench.
- Head back into the tunnel, turn right and go stand in front of the plywood sheets to give Tessa a boost. Press triangle to lift up the flat door to get back to ground level. Exit the bar and follow Tessa through the grassy area.
- Find the ladder behind the silver car, then turn around and place it under the hole in the brick building. After you climb it, you can get some screws in one of the kitchen drawers, then follow Tessa downstairs.
- After you head into the gas-filled room, crouch through the hole in the back right corner. Use triangle to move the beam in the back right corner (past the body). After you slip between the filing cabinet, shoot and kill the man on the floor to put him out of his misery.
- Follow the hallway around, head through the doorway, then crouch through the crawl space. Follow the onscreen instructions and hold R2 to focus your hearing. Next, stealthily sneak up behind the infected and take him down. Walk past the other infected feasting on a corpse and head up the stairs.
- Cross the wooden planks and drop off the ledge to get outside. Turn and use square to attack the two infected that will follow you and Tessa outside. Follow here through the gate and then through the hidden hole in the wall behind the ivy.
- After you jump up the ledge, head down the ramp to the left. Drop down and pick up the plank to hand to Tessa. Head through the hole in the wall across from you, then head up and cross the gap. Head down the stairs and continue to follow Tessa.
- When you get inside the building, pick up the ammo on the table to the right. After you head outside again, feel free to roam around a bit, then continue to follow Tessa to go find Robert.
- Following your interaction with the three thugs, move up from your cover to the left and kill the other two guys with your gun. Pick up their ammo, then head down the alley. Boost Tessa up the wall next to the gate. After you make your way through the hole in the fence, Tessa will stealth kill one of Robert’s men—you need to take out the other.
- Hop through a window in the building on the right and knock out the nearby dude and Tessa will take down the other. Grab the key on him and pick up the health supply next to the trash cans before heading through the door. Use the key to open the next door to get to the warehouse.
- Crouch behind the gabs on the pallet. Wait for the discussion between the three guys to end, then sneak up behind the guy in the doorway and take him down. Head outside and do the same to the guy headed up the stairs.
- Head inside and go left (while crouched) through the open bay door. Head into the room on the right and pick up a nearby object to throw. Chuck it near the doorway, then wait for one of the guys to come around the corner before taking him down.
- Sneak around the railing to take out the other guy upstairs, then knock out the third guy down below. Head downstairs and pull on the chain to open the bay door.
- There will be a ton of guys here, but you only need to get to Robert. Use Joel’s special hearing ability to see where certain enemies are, then either slip by them or stealthily take them down if no one is nearby. The best way to go with the fewest enemies that you would have to encounter is all the way to the left (past the blue container).
- After you stealth kill the first guy, continue forward along the left side. Before you proceed to the next area, there will be a guy around the corner to the left. Throw a nearby object to slip past to him to the left and through the open container. Pick up the health kit on the stack up picks before heading through the office door.
- Open the next door to find Robert. Sprint after him once he takes off for a cutscene. Before following Tessa and the chick Firefly up the stairs to the left, get the supplies on the workbench to the right of the stairs.
- After you drop in from the window on the roof, grab all of the supplies on the table, then help the Firefly open the blue door in the corner. Following the cutscene, follow here and Tessa up the stairs to the left. Go through the doorway, hop over the desk and strangle the guard in the doorway.
- Head all the way down the hallway and pick up the bottle before hopping over the desk. While hidden under the window, throw the bottle nearby to distract the guard outside, then knock him out behind some cover. Take out the other guard on the other side of the roof, then head down the stairs and continue to follow Marlene, who will eventually lead you to your cargo, Ellie.
- Back outside, go left and head downstairs and through the gate. Turn right toward the wall of the building, then head down the stairs. After you head up the stairs on the other side, crouch along the wall to avoid being spotted by soldiers and follow the path around to the alley.
- After you walk through the open gate, grab and pull the green dumpster (located around the corner of the wall to the left) around to help you get up onto the platform. Follow the hallway all the way around as you learn a little bit about Ellie.
- Following the cutscene, talk to Tessa. After she moves the bookshelf, head through the space, then start the generator on the left. Once you get in running, press the button on the wall to activate the lift.
- Head through the crawl space, then on up the ladder. Proceed forward and head through the container when your reach it. Following the intense cutscene, you’ll to stay close to Tessa as you make your way through the trenches. Stay stealthy, because you don’t want to mess with all the soldiers here.