The Last of Us Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 6: The Suburbs
- Well look who’s back? Follow Henry down the beach. Get the supplies from the small boat, then head up the ridges of the small waterfall Help Henry lift the grate, then head inside the sewer. Inspect the chain-link door at the end (which will be locked), then rip off the small grate on the floor to the left for Ellie to crawl through. Head though after she opens the door and get the supplies on the shelves and on the desk to the left.
- Head over to Henry and Sam’s side of the sewer and go through the open door. Head down the short ramp and attempt to turn the wheel to open the door. Drop down into the water, swim to the other side of the door and go under to unjam it.
- Swim under the door to the next area after Henry raises it. Go up the steps, climb the ladder to the left and push the pallet on the railing into the water. You can get some health from the room at the other end of the catwalk, but there will be two infected in there as well. Get back into the water, take the pallet over to Ellie and swim it diagonally across to where the generator is.
- After Henry pulls you up, follow the group down the tunnel. Go left through the first doorway for some supplies, then push open the double doors at the end of the tunnel. You can find a “shorty” pistol on one of the desks to the left and upgrade your bombs by picking up a manual on the shelves a little farther up.
- Go left through the tunnel, then open the door to the right. Pull out that shotgun before your head down the stairs and take out the attacking group of Runners. Head down the steps, advance over the barrier and head up the stairs. Grab the health on the cart and the tools on the shelves (a few more tools in through the door on the left), then head down the stairs and open the gate.
- After you get separated from Henry and Ellie, head through the door and get the supplies on the floor. Head around the corner and take out all of the Clickers and Runners as you make your way through this area. Once you clear the entire area (bow and arrow is the best way to go) and search it for supplies, stand in front of the wall past the classroom area to give Sam a boost. Climb up the ladder, head down the stairs and drop down below.
- After you reunite with Henry and Ellie, flee the infected down the pathway toward the open door. After you try top help Henry push open the jammed door, Sam will rescue you guys. Follow the group up the stairs. Get the supplies on the table. After Henry gives Ellie and Sam a boost through the window, pull out that shotgun and unload on the infected that will come barreling through the doorway. Molotov cocktails will be needed as well! Exit the door once Sam and Ellie get it open.
- Following the cutscene, head through the suburban neighborhood and search the houses for supplies. At the turn in the road, go left into the first garage (with the blue car in the driveway) to find a workbench to upgrade your weapons. Continue to forge through homes. At the next turn, head into the first house on the right. After the kids are done playing darts, watch Joel fail at dart throwing, then head through the kitchen, get the supplies on the table, head outside and drop off the ledge for a cutscene.
- After you guys take cover behind the car from the sniper, go left up the stairs, around the corner of the building, up to the tree planter, then down to the left around the backside of the house. The sniper will then send several other hunters after you—take them down, then advance.
- Use your hearing skill to find out where other enemies are. Clear them out first, then go for the sniper. Since he’ll be hidden behind a ton of cover, you’ll have to get inside the building that he’s held up in and flank him (the house at the end of the street with a huge sheet of plywood in front of the left window).
- Head up the stairs of the building, go through the green bedroom, through the bathroom doorway and into the next bedroom where he was sniping from. Mash square when he tries to stab you to kill him. After Joel grabs the sniper, use it to snipe and provide cover for Ellie and the guys. Once the tank shows up, wait for the driver to peek his head out and throw Molotov cocktails. You’ll have to be quick, so aim right over the top of tank, then fire when he pops up to destroy the tank.
- Once the tank is destroyed, Sam and Henry will get attacked by two infected. Quickly fire a two shots to save them. A huge group of infected will then come pouring down the street. Fire off a few shots, but eventually Joel will pull off for a long and intense cutscene.