The Last of Us Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Chapter 8: The University
- Ride your horse through the university entrance. Go toward the back of the area, dismount, hop up onto the loading dock and get the flame-thrower leaning against the old car. Get the tools on the barrel to the right and some more on the shelves to the left before using the workbench. Head back outside, mount the horse, hop over the barricade to the left and ride the horse up the stairs just up ahead.
- Dismount the horse and enter through the building with the columns on the left. Turn right at the end of the long hallway and pry open the doors. Head up the stairs on the left and test out your new toy on the Runners. Clear the area, then start the generator. Follow the yellow generator cord around to the other building and flip the switch on the panel to raise the gate.
- Hop on the horse and ride it down the steps into the center courtyard area. Go left up the stairs and hurdle the barricade. Follow the monkeys around (?) the center courtyard and ride up the steps on the other side. Go left through the wide opening between the buildings, then make a right all the way down the path. Go right under the tunnel, right down the path and make a left at the next tunnel.
- The gate will be locked, so you’ll have to go around to get to the other side to get the generator to open it up for Ellie. Go through the crawl space and get the supplies on the table and on the bookshelf. Head through the doorway and on up the stairs. Check the dorm rooms for supplies, then drop through the break in the floor at the end of the hallway.
- Lots of infected in here. Get through the room, make your way down the next hallway and force open the door at the end. Head up the stairs, go left down the hallway and open the door on the right. Back outside, head downstairs, go diagonally across the area and roll the generator on the cart over to the fuse box. Start the generator so that Ellie can open the gate.
- Hop on the horse and go through the open gate over on the left corner Follow the path around. Get the supplies from the white tents on the left, then head up the stairs on the right. Go left, jump over the barricade and turn down to the right. The gates will be locked, so head back up the street, grab the green dumpster and roll it down the slope to break through the gates.
- Now roll the dumpster in front of the white truck on the right. Use it to get on top of the truck, then hop up onto the roof and through the break in the wall on the right. Search all of the drawers and lockers in the classrooms for supplies (shiv the door on the right at the end of the hallway to upgrade tools and Molotov cocktails), then head through the door with the yellow generator wire runner under it.
- Follow the pathway around to the right and inspect the clipboard next to where Ellie is searching. After you hear the crash, head upstairs. Open the door on the left for more classrooms to search for supplies. Head down the hallway and follow the yellow cord into the next room.
- Open the door in the corner of the lab Monkeys! You can grab the blue recorder on the corner of the center table for some chilling audio of what was going on here. Head through the open door, get some supplies from the drawers to the left, then bust open the door to the right for a cutscene.
- After nearly getting your head blown off, you’ll then have to fight your way back through the lab. No point in using stealth here since they know your hear, so use your bombs and Molotov cocktails to help you take them out as you make your way out of the building.
- When you get to the stairwell that will take you down to the first floor, you’ll be surprised by a bandit. Mash square to fight him off. After your fall, when Ellie’s trying to help you, aim for the two bandits that break through the doors and kill ‘em. In our weakened condition, follow Ellie out the door to the next room.
- When Ellie goes to flank the lone bandit in this room, peek around the corner and shoot the guy in the back. After Ellie gets you to your feet, follow her out of the building for a cutscene.