The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night – Screens
Sierra Entertainment, today announced The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, the latest installment in the 17 million-unit-selling Spyro franchise and a continuation of the new The Legend of Spyro trilogy of games. The game is expected to release this Fall for the PS2 , Wii, GB Advance, Nintendo DS and mobile phones.
The second installment of The Legend of Spyro trilogy with the Ape King arriving at the Temple of Souls in an attempt to usher in a new age of darkness. As Spyro, players must unlock the secrets behind a series of visions and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force.
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night contains new powers, including:
- Four new, upgradeable Breath Attacks (one for each element type), such as Ice Bomb, Electric Orb, Earth Vine, Enhanced Fire.
- Four new elemental melee moves, including Comet Dash, Artic Blast, Earth Pound, Electric Spin.
- Four new Fury attacks Ã¢$” Earth, Electricity, Ice, Fire.
- Monstrous new and explosive boss battles against the likes of Skabb the Pirate, Gaul the Ape King and more.
- Introducing “Dragon Time”: A new and advanced move that allows Spyro to bend time to his will. Players will be able to engage Dragon Time to dodge attacks, out-maneuver enemies or solve tricky time-based environmental puzzles.
“We’re really excited to continue the re-emergence of one of video gaming’s most popular characters through this ongoing trilogy,” said Al Simone, senior vice president, Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment. “The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night takes the action and excitement of The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning to the next level with new breath attacks, fury modes, and the introduction of the new Ã¢$ËœDragon Time’ ability to deliver an exciting experience that Spyro fans and gamers of all ages will love.”
Returning to provide voices for the game are actors Elijah Wood (LOTR) as Spyro and Gary Oldman (The Professional, Bram Stoker’s Dracula) as Ignitus, the Fire Dragon Elder and Spyro’s mentor. I love Gary Oldman, he is one of my favorite actors – I just wish he would provide his voice for something in the hack and slash genre instead so that I would be able to enjoy him too.