The Lowdown on the Borderlands Level Cap Increase
Gearbox is hard at work on Borderlands title update 1.41. This is notable because it’s the patch that will increase the level cap, as we were promised at PAX. The Gearbox forums (getting a lot of stuff from forums tonight) tell us very specifically what this patch does.
- Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
- Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
- End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you’ve completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
- Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
- Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.
OK, well that clears that up, but when is it out? That we don’t know yet. They’ve completed the patch, but it’s undergoing QA and stuff, and they say it’ll be a couple weeks. Which is to say it’ll be out in some unspecified amount of time that is less than one month. One would assume.