The Secret World Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Kingsmouth Town Missions
No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- This is your first quest. To access your quest window, press [J] default on your keyboard, this will show you all your active quests. The mission journal will become more important later in the game when you have multiple jobs going at once, but for now you only have one.
- Bring up your map with [M] default to check out London. It’s a big place, with lots of stores and people to talk to. Ignore all that for now, you’ll need to make money before you spend money.
- Your mission goal is ahead. There’s a big waypoint marker, these will be active for whatever your current chosen active mission is.
- Follow it to the destination. To run faster, stop and press [X] to load up your sprint ability. Sprint will get you around faster indefinitely, as long as you are out of combat.
- Enter the laundromat and near the waypoint to talk to your first contact. He’ll rant, just listen in to get a better idea of what the Illuminati are all about.
- After the cutscene, turn around and look for brightly lit yellow objects you can interact with. Attached to the wall across from the ranting man is a camera. Click it to examine and complete another part of your mission.
- Next, exit the laundromat and turn left to find another camera. Inspect it too, which will generate a series of waypoints leading you toward a creepy warehouse. Use the entrance to go downstairs into the sewers below.
- In the sewers, you’ll need to find your way to the Illuminati’s secret base. To find your way through the maze, look for a hand holding an eye pointing the way forward.
- Down in the sewers, enter the center tunnel, turn right, then enter the next tunnel straight ahead that turns left. The rest of the maze is straight forward, just keep following the hand pointers.
- They’ll eventually take you to rusty stairs. Use them to go up, then back down to find a very modern structure in these sewers. Enter and go through security where you’ll be captured.
- When the scene ends, your combat training will begin.