The Secret World Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Kingsmouth Town Missions
- Exit the lab, and take a look around this massive underground base. Follow the waypoints, they’ll lead you through the lobby and to the Test Chamber doors. Just click the doors to enter.
- Run ahead to talk with your instructor. After the cutscene, you’ll get a chance to test out all nine weapon types.
- Ahead are the guns; pistols, assault rifles, and shotguns. Right are the melee weapons; fists, hammers, and claws. Left, are the magic focuses; elementalism, blood, and chaos.
- Give whatever sounds good to you a try. If you want to pick a specific class, you can check out the decks available to you now – press [N] to bring up the Ability Wheel, then click on the tab on the left labeled “Decks” which are the many basic classes for those afraid of choosing abilities alone.
- Selecting a deck will show you what abilities should be your goals, and they’re all for two different weapons. Choose your first by getting close to the weapon you want, clicking the box, choosing accept, then collect the glowing weapon.
- When the weapon is collected, open your inventory with [I] and right-click to equip. Your new abilities will automatically show up on your quick bar, so you can begin testing.
- Once you have the weapon you want, return to the NPC in the center and he’ll tell you to pick up a phone. Pick up it, it’s on the table near him.
- With that done, you’ll unlock SP and AP. Don’t worry about those for now, instead leave the Test Chamber.
- You’ll need to talk to the leader of the Labyrinth now to get new orders. Their office is just up ahead, use the giant ramp to meet her.
- After the scene, it’s time to find that portal to Agartha. Use the main exit of the Labyrinth, and cross through the warehouse to find the entrance underground in a side office. Use the portal, and you’ll be on your way.