The Secret World Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Kingsmouth Town Missions
Might Makes Right
- A new waypoint will lead the way to your new life in the Templars. Follow it! They’ll take you directly inside the Temple, like the girl said, it literally cannot be missed.
- Just as you enter the Temple, turn right and enter the office to meet your new boss. After the cutscene, you can click on the speech bubble near him to discuss a few more topics, if you’re interested.
- This is where you’ll get a chance to choose one of nine special weapon disciplines in The Secret World. While you’ll only choose one now, you’ll want to choose a second as soon as possible.
- The waypoint will lead you to a new door. As you get close, it’ll light up. Click it to enter the Crucible.
- Run ahead, down into the pit to talk with your instructor. After the cutscene, you’ll get a chance to test out all nine weapon types.
- Ahead are the guns; pistols, assault rifles, and shotguns. Left are the melee weapons; fists, hammers, and claws. To your right, are the magic focuses; elementalism, blood, and chaos.
- Give whatever sounds good to you a try. If you want to pick a specific class, you can check out the decks available to you now – press [N] to bring up the Ability Wheel, then click on the tab on the left labeled “Decks” which are the many basic classes for those afraid of choosing abilities alone.
- Selecting a deck will show you what abilities should be your goals, and they’re all for two different weapons. Choose your first by getting close to the weapon you want, clicking the box, choosing accept, then collect the glowing weapon.
- When the weapon is collected, open your inventory with [I] and right-click to equip. Your new abilities will automatically show up on your quick bar, so you can begin testing.
- Once you have the weapon you want, return to the NPC in the center and he’ll tell you to pick up a phone. Pick up it, it’s on the table near him.
- With that done, you’ll unlock SP and AP. Don’t worry about those for now, instead leave the Crucible and return to Sonnac’s office.
- When you meet with Sonnac, he’ll send you off to the Solomon Islands. To get there, you’ll need to use a special form of transportation – Agartha.
- Follow your waypoints by leaving the Templar Square and heading back to the park. Nearby is a small market, in the back of the market, you’ll find stairs leading down to a strange portal.
- Enter the portal to find Agartha.