The Secret World Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Kingsmouth Town Missions
The Butterfly Effect
- This is your first quest. To access your quest window, press [J] default on your keyboard, this will show you all your active quests. The mission journal will become more important later in the game when you have multiple jobs going at once, but for now you only have one.
- Follow the butterflies ahead. To run faster, stop and press [X] to load up your sprint ability. Sprint will get you around faster indefinitely, as long as you are out of combat.
- The butterflies will show you the way in this unfamiliar environment. You don’t even have a map yet. Each time you run into the fluttering butterflies, you’ll get a new waypoint. Just follow the waypoints for now.
- Eventually, the butterflies will lead you into a hotel. Walk inside to begin a cutscene. After it’s over, use the stairs to go up, and look for the open hotel room door on the second floor where the butterflies are waiting. Enter, and you’ll find another cutscene.
- When the cutscene ends, you’ll appear in a dream and begin your next quest.