The Secret World Beginner’s Guide
Table of Contents
Kingsmouth Town Missions
- Now you finally have access to the map of Seoul. Press [M] default to check out a satellite image of the city.
- Leave the hotel, and watch for old men to point the way to the Dragon’s secret base. It’s just up ahead, use your waypoint as a guide and you’ll find the Dragon’s Coil in no time.
- Cross the courtyard and get close to the doors marked with a waypoint. They’ll point out the Dojang, enter it to begin your weapon’s training.
- Run ahead to talk with your instructor. After the cutscene, you’ll get a chance to test out all nine weapon types.
- Ahead and slightly left are the guns; pistols, assault rifles, and shotguns. Right are the melee weapons; fists, hammers, and claws. Further to your left, are the magic focuses; elementalism, blood, and chaos.
- Give whatever sounds good to you a try. If you want to pick a specific class, you can check out the decks available to you now – press [N] to bring up the Ability Wheel, then click on the tab on the left labeled “Decks” which are the many basic classes for those afraid of choosing abilities alone.
- Selecting a deck will show you what abilities should be your goals, and they’re all for two different weapons. Choose your first by getting close to the weapon you want, clicking the box, choosing accept, then collect the glowing weapon.
- When the weapon is collected, open your inventory with [I] and right-click to equip. Your new abilities will automatically show up on your quick bar, so you can begin testing.
- Once you have the weapon you want, return to the NPC in the center and he’ll tell you to pick up a phone. Pick up it, it’s on the table near him.
- With that done, you’ll unlock SP and AP. Don’t worry about those for now, instead leave the Dojang.
You’ll need to talk to the leader of the Dragons now, which you’ll find to your right as you leave the Dojang.
- The waypoint will lead you right to their door. Click the door handles to get your next instructions.
- When you leave, you’ll need to find the entrance to Agartha. Return to the entrance of the Dragon’s Coil, and turn left. Head down the street until you find a bicycle shop. Through the shop and out the back door you’ll find the portal.