The SimCity Box Now in Stores
EA has announced that The SimCity Box collection is now in stores throughout North America. This five in one deal offers players the chance to pick up SimCity Societies, SimCity Societies Destinations expansion pack, SimCity 4, SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack and The Sims Carnival SnapCity at $39.99. EA has also thrown in a trial version of the Spore Creature Creator.
Here are all the details on all the God-game goodness The SimCity Box has to offer:
What’s in The SimCity Box
- SimCity Societies: Players construct not only the cities they desire, but mold their cultures, societal tendencies and environments as well. With more than 500 buildings and decorative objects to place, the possibilities are almost limitless as players can build artistic cities, authoritarian dictatorships, spiritual communities and many more. An accessible, innovative and versatile city-builder, the game lets players create the city of their dreams, or their nightmares. Included in The SimCity Box is the original SimCity Societies game along with all the subsequent game updates, which have added new strategic modes, three new exotic disasters (UFO invasion, giant robot attack and a massive fire-breathing monster), new crises, new user interface functions, new buildings and much more. Even more free content and features are being planned for future updates.
- SimCity Societies Destinations expansion pack: Enhance the SimCity Societies experience by providing all the tools players need to create an entire city based on attractions and amenities that visitors love. The expansion pack allows players to control more than 100 new buildings to create their customized destinations including sprawling theme parks, tropical beach resorts, and country hiking trails. Featuring an enhanced map generator, players can now identify each city’s opportunity for diversion and the city can capitalize on that draw.
- SimCity 4: Right from the start in SimCity 4, players will experience new God-like powers of creation as they lay the groundwork for their cities by molding mountains, carving valleys, seeding forests and laying rivers. With these new landscape creation features, players can now construct the most realistic metropolis imaginable.
- SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack: Take control of the city’s transportation with a wide variety of new options such as the elevated train networks of Chicago, the wide-avenues of New York, or the one-way streets of San Francisco. Players can develop a seamless mass-transit system including monorail, subway, or even a scenic ferry service that connects to a greater regional travel network. With all-new problem-solving maps and tracking tools, players can see the pulsing flow of traffic, map out the most efficient routes, and quickly get their Sims from one city to another.
- The Sims Carnival SnapCity: A unique city-building simulation game with a puzzling twist that is both strategic and accessible. In this fun, open-ended gameplay experience challenges players to position falling, colored blocks in just the right places to build the best possible cities. Featuring an array of industrial, commercial and residential neighborhoods, it’s never the same city twice! The fun never stops as the player must save this city from natural disasters, man-made catastrophes, and even out-of-this-world alien attacks! Players can also pick-up-and-play by jumping into 25 unique existing neighborhood levels.
via Business Wire