The Swapper Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Part 5: Xeno Research
- When you hit up “Xeno Research”, there are rooms on the bottom left and right. The right side leads to a puzzle room and the left side leads to three more puzzle rooms. Let’s head for the right side first.
- This room has a button in a hole, two more buttons, plus blue and red lights. Create a clone and drop it in the hole, then jump over. Create another clone on the platform with the button on it between the blue lights. Swap to it, then step on the button.
- Place a clone on the bottom right corner, while you have a clone on the button on the platform. Create another clone past the purple light on the ledge where the button is using the clone pressed up on the bottom right corner. The door to the orb shall open.
- Swap to the clone on the long platform, then create/swap inside the orb chamber to grab the orb. Time to head to the bottom left room containing three more puzzle rooms.
- When you enter the room, there will be two rooms on the top left and bottom left, plus another on the bottom right. Let’s head for the top left.
- This room contains a button on the bottom left, a red light, an elevator, and a wall with a gap through it where the elevator leads to. Step on the button next to the wall. Create a clone on the elevator, then swap to it.
- Ride the elevator up, then through the gap, create a clone next to the orb. Head back down the elevator, then absorb the clone on the bottom button. Make a clone on the ledge where the red light is. Swap to it.
- Move right a bit, so you can swap to the clone on the ledge where the orb is located. Time to head to the bottom left room.
- This room has multiple platforms above, each with a gap between. On the top right is the orb. Below are red spotlights and a box. Head left to the box, then create a clone on the top platform, keeping a clone on the bottom.
- What you need to do is to clone swap yourself from left to right on the platforms, while moving the box on the bottom from left to right covering up the red spotlight in the process. You’ll need to clone swap multiple times, killing clones in the process as you move toward the orb.
- Finally, we’ll hit the bottom right room. Cover the blue light with the box. Stay on the left side of the box. Make a clone on the ledge where the orb is. Create a clone on the left next to the beam of light. Move forward, keeping the clone on the ledge where he is.
- Push the box underneath the door so it blocks it from closing. Create a clone to the left of the blue light, swap to it, then make another one on the ledge with the button. Move all the clones right.
- Now there will be a little bit of blue light that will hit the clone on the ledge with the orb. Swap to it to grab the orb. Since we’ve grabbed as many orbs as we can, it’s time to head to the terminal to make it past the wall of leaves.
- Head toward the signs that say “Metaphysics” and “Sample Containment”, then activate the terminal to burn the plant. Enter the portal. You’ll keep transporting through rooms of portals. When you find the portal room with the plants take the bottom middle one.
- Head right, past the pillars and golden decorations to a portal. You’ll come upon a big teleporter and three smaller ones on the right. The three smaller ones lead to puzzle rooms. Let’s take the first on on the left.
- This room features two buttons, top and bottom, a red light, purple light and a blue light where the orb is located. Create a line of clones on the bottom until you get to the button, then create a clone on the ledge where the orb is.
- Absorb all the clones by moving them to the left. Create a clone on the long platform, swap to it, then create another clone on the button. Swap to the clone on the ledge and bam, you’ll get the orb.
- The second portal room contains: two button in a hole, an elevator, two more buttons after you ride the elevator, plus a red and blue light. Create two clones and place them in the hole to open the door. Ride the elevator.
- Drop down to the bottom platform. Place a clone on the ledge to the left of the button, pressing up against the wall. Get as close to the edge as you can to the pit on the left. Make a clone on the ledge under the blue light. Swap to that clone, then kill the clone you swapped from.
- Move right and make the other clone jump to the button. Create a clone to where the orb is. Move left until you and the clone on the button drop down. Swap to the clone that dropped from the button, then kill the clone on the left.
- Move left until you get near the ledge. Place a clone on the bottom, on top of the button, under the ledge. That will turn off the red switch. Now you can swap to the clone next to the orb. Now for the last portal.
- This puzzle looks complicated since it includes slopes, crates, along with red and blue lights, but it’s not too bad. The orb is on the bottom bathed in blue light.
- Create a clone on the bottom where the red light is. Simply drag the boxes up the slopes. From here let the boxes slide back down, then swap to the clone on the bottom to grab the orb.
- Head back to the portal area that lead to the “Xeno Research” area.