The Week in Demos and Patches: April 13-19
Wow. We only received five demos this week and that is pretty weak considering we normally get at least six. Ok, I am kidding – but seriously we usually get more than this. The most interesting, and surprising demo was the one for the upcoming CG movie “Kung Fu Panda” which stars Jack Black. Angelina Jolie also lends her voice to the movie and her character is “Master Tigress”. I don’t know if you will actually get to hear Angelina Jolie’s voice in the game demo or not, but if you are fantasizing about her as a pixelatd tiger – you have got some major issues dude – so put the bottle of lotion down and back away from it very slowly.
Here are the demos that hit FileFront this week:
- Caribbean Pirate Quest : Spell of Play Studios announced the release of Caribbean Pirate Quest, an adventure puzzle game where you will have to use clues to navigate your ship on several different maps and find the treasures.
- Lights of Dreams Demo V2.10: This is the demo version V2.10 of Lights of Dreams : The Angelical Blade. Play as Xylvan to find a way to save the future Earth of 3800. Walk, Run, Jump Fly in 50 (3 available in the demo) flowers and grass vasts inspirational worlds to find 10 Spheres, 11 Parchments and 10 unique Elements and more than 20 unique items to accomplish your mission. This version provides more lifelike effects including potion, magic, regeneration and mass attack.
- RedLynx Trials 2 – Second Edition v1.06 : Version 1.06 of the game has been released. The new version contains lots of technical enhancements to improve compatibility, and five new tracks for the owners of the full version. Trials2 provides Trials-game fans even further developed physics model and core gameplay-features. Trials 2 two also takes advantage of RedLynx’s further developed RedLynx Theathre – game engine: Trials2 has ultra-high quality graphics mode, that uses deferred rendering to deliver impressive effects, including depth of field, ambient occlusion and per pixel realtime lighting and shadows. In addition to addictive single-player mode, Trials 2 allows players to compete with each other with global highscore lists, and allows replaying and viewing trials rides – in order to learn from the more experienced players.
- Kung Fu Panda: A demo from Kung Fu Panda, based on Dreamworks’ upcoming CG-animated comedy about a lazy, irreverent slacker panda, Po (voiced by Jack Black), who must somehow become a Kung Fu Master in order to save the Valley of Peace from a villainous snow leopard, Tai.
- Night of a Million Billion Zombies! v1.11: PowerUp Studios has released an updated demo for NOMBZ: Night of a Million Billion Zombies! This is a 3D action shooter that challenges the player to lead a posse of survivors through a zombie-infested city.
For the a list of the more popular patches that hit this week, click through the jump.
Here are some of the more popular patches that landed at FileFront this week. As always, for the full list of patches, click here.
- Frontlines: Fuel of War v1.0.2 Hotfix: Kaos Studios has released a hotfix for the second patch for Frontlines: Fuel of War. It fixes the issues found by users who have the ATI X800 and X850 (Shader 2) cards.
- Sins of a Solar Empire v1.04 : Ironclad Games issued a new patch for Sins of a Solar Empire bringing it to v1.04. The update includes lots of gameplay tweaks, improved AI, UI enhancements and more.
- SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm: This update for SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm solves multiplayer problems as well as the rarely occurring camera bug.
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 v1.01: Ubisoft has released a patch updating Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to v1.01.
- Medieval 2: Total War – Kingdoms US : SEGA has released a patch for the US version of Medieval 2: Total War – Kingdoms.