The Week in Demos and Patches: February 10-16
Winter seems to just be settling in and with it comes the doldrums of a season with little sunshine, cold winds, and the obligatory ice and snow. While we are cooped up in our houses in a state of semi-hibernation it would be nice to have something new to try out while we wait for GTA IV and Condemned 2 to hit stores. Thankfully, this week we received more demos than last week and the usual barrage of patches came through. Whatever happened to the good ole days of games with zero issues? Or did they even every exist? I can’t remember anymore.
- Loki: Cyanide Studios has released a patch updating Loki to v184.108.40.206.
- World in Conflict: This v1.006 patch fixes balancing issues, additions to the various communications tools in the game, adds new features, including enhanced server filters, improved “Play Now” functions and measures against clan smurfing.
- GRAW 2: Ubisoft has released a patch updating Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 from v1.0 to v1.05.
- Need for Speed: ProStreet Porche: EA has released a second demo- this one 2 Porsche cars (911 GT2 / 911 GT3RS) drivable on the Porsche Leipzig testing track.
- Half-Life: Day One: This was the first official demo of Half-Life, including “The first day” playing time.
- The Club: SEGA has released a multilanguage demo for The Club, a 3rd person action shooter focused on addictive and rewarding gameplay. You must go through an age gate for this one.
- Tomb Raider Anniversary for Mac Users: A new playable Mac demo of Tomb Raider: Anniversary has been released, this time giving you the chance to try out one level from Peru