The Week in Demos and Patches: June 22-28
Some say that videogames are highly addictive. Some have even said that they are as bad as crack. I beg to differ. Look at the picture of Amy Winehouse above, and tell me if you think it is. Personally, I think that if she were addicted to games, she would have a little more meat on her bones – she would still look just as pasty for lack of sunshine, but no longer would she resemble a Stalfos. A few months of chips, pizza, soft drinks and WoW would do the pitiful thing a world of good.
Unfortunately, Amy nor anyone else will become addicted to the game demos released this week. Other than Stronghold Crusader Extreme, nothing seemed to be too popular this week, but I will list them anyway just in case something tickles your fancy.
- Stronghold Crusader Extreme (English): This demo is also available in French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Featuring three levels of varying difficulty, the Stronghold Crusader Extreme demo caters for those wishing to see what the fans have been raving about for years and also for the seasoned Crusader veterans needing an extreme new fix. Be warned though, this is EXTREME and not for the faint hearted.
- Vega PC: Vega is an arcade styled casual game where speed and accuracy is everything. As precious resources fall onto your base, you must guide them on to a designated landing pad for them to be collected. The only way to change their seemingly random trajectory is to “bump” them in the right direction with small rescue pods that have limited air and fuel. To be efficient you must be at the right location at the right time… with just the right nudge. It’s an all around fun and easy to play game. Also available for Mac.
- Candy World : Tome II v2.21: Candy must get courageous and explore more levels (35), having more habilities she will show more polyvalency and more efficiancy than the latest free game Xilvan Design made this year… Candy must find its Golden Bones to get alive again… 35 Worlds are waiting for her… from dank Mushroom Worlds, Brisk Automn Breeze, Salty dog ocean, Anciant Atlantis City to Spiritual Mountain, by passing into Futuristic city and rural village and Cloudy land until the final in the graveyard… Where you’ll uncover the fantastic secret behind its regeneration.
- Martians vs Robots: Who could have believed it? The Earthlings invented a race of robots and wiped themselves out! Now the Martians are the only ones left in our solar system that can clean up the mess. They better hurry though, because the Robots are growing fast and consuming all the crystal ore to be found! It’s a race for resources! And no matter how well the Martians were able to hide from the humans, a confrontation with the Robots is inevitable. Classic Asteroids style gameplay – also available for Mac.
- Total Battleship: The classic naval strategy turn-based game of Battleship combined with modern warfare. Take part in epic battles with aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, submarines and even seaborn aviation, using the state of art missile technology while deciphering morse code communications. Apply your best strategy in order to be the first one to seek out and destroy all enemy vessels based on radar clues. Your performance will be tracked by a improved rank and rating score system. As in real life enlisted personnel would be given a commissioning oportunity from Seamen to Admiral of the Fleet while mastering your skills with flotillas, squadrons or fleets.
- Zoo Vet: Endangered Animals: The reality-based Zoo Vet: Endangered Animals is the follow-up to the 2005 hit Zoo Vet. The retail version has garnered awards including the coveted 2007 Editor¹s Choice Award from the Children’s Technology Review, the 2008 Parent’s Choice Gold Circle Award and the 2008 iParenting Media Award. The game features 30 scenarios created by actual veterinarians in which players treat 20 different endangered animals including a lion, elephant and panda in situations ranging from setting an eagle’s broken wing to saving a crocodile that has swallowed a penny. A cast of colorful characters assist in teaching animal lovers about actual medical tools, animal statistics, vet techniques and true-to-life zoo maladies. Also included are zoo animal trivia and jigsaw puzzles, as well as fascinating conservation information provided by the African Wildlife Foundation, which benefits from a portion of the game’s proceeds.
- Myriad RPG: Myriad is made by Rancor Online Games. It is a OFFLINE RPG game with a enhanced combat system, sweet skills, and more. Visit Rancor’s website (Soon-to-be-domain) freewebs.com/rancoronline.
In the patches department, unless you were living under a rock you would know that a new CoD4: Modern Warfare patch was released, but other than that not much else really. Eudemons Online v1101 to v1112 Patch was released as well as patches 1113 to 1117 so if you are a Eudemons fan you have a nice list of them. The following patches were also released: Ship Simulator 2008 amBX , Albatross18 S3 Revolution v4.16 Client , Soldner: Secret Wars v33724 , Voyage Century v0.30 to v0.42 , and DOFUS v1.23.0 to v1.24.0 .
Enjoy all the Diablo III news and have a great weekend.