The Witcher 2 Patch Delayed
If you’ve been playing CD Projekt’s newest RPG, The Witcher 2, and are having difficulty, you’ve no doubt been anxiously awaiting the first patch. Well, we’ve got some good news and some bad news.
The good news is that the patch is completed and ready to be released. We’ll let CD Projekt tell you the bad news with this quote from their official site:
The bad news is that we have encountered some problems with the server infrastructure, making downloading DLCs impossible.
The update was expected to roll out yesterday, and CD Projekt dropped the details of what’s included. Here’s the list:
- Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
- Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there’s no need to download and install it separately.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
- Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
- Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
- Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
- Added the option to invert the mouse.
- nVidia surround vision now works properly.
- More accurate assessment provided by the “auto-detect settings” option will help improve game performance.
- Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in “Extras” from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
- GOG.com credits now work properly.
CD Projekt also says they are at work on a second patch that will address issues related to specific hardware setups. We’ll have more info on the release of Patch 1.1, and news about the next patch, once it’s available.