Three New Maps coming in Gears of War 3 Horde Mode DLC
Jeez, is your Gears of War 3 disc even cold yet? Mine’s probably still spinning from the last time I fired that game up, and I think I still have the shrink-wrap piled on my shelf from where I hurriedly tore into it. Yet Epic and Microsoft already downloadable content details for the game, bringing three new maps to Horde and Beast modes.
The details on the pack come straight from the blog of Xbox’s Major Nelson. We know that Blood Drive is returning as a Horde map from Gears 2, along with two new stages for destruction: Rustlung, a decommissioned battleship, and Azura, an island resort.
The pack runs 800 MS Points for players grabbing it a la carte and will be available on Xbox Live on Nov. 1. If you purchased that Gears of War 3 Season Pass thing, you get this and the next three packs of downloadable content, and you’ll have paid about one-third less than if you were to buy them all individually.
Here’s Major Nelson’s official description:
Three spectacular new maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo