Titanfall: How to Level Up Fast – Beginner’s Guide
Get the latest Titanfall videos; subscribe to Game Front’s Video Walkthroughs on YouTube.
Put your best (giant robotic) foot forward in Titanfall with a few tips showing you how to level up fast from the beginning. We’re not talking about exploits here, just some early strategies to get you ranking and unlocking new gear. Don’t let your piloting pals outdo you with their XP earnings, check out the itemized list of suggestions below.
Want to try your hand at winning a copy of your own? Enter to win with Game Front’s Titanfall giveaway contest. Or listen and hear what the editors think of the Xbox One shooter on the Game Front podcast.
How to Level Up Fast
Got some quick tips for leveling up we missed? Drop us a comment and share your methods!
1. Play Campaign Multiplayer:
- Complete campaign multiplayer with both factions to unlock the Ogre & Stryder Chassis.
2. Kill Minions:
- Minions are AI-controlled opponents. Taking these fodder enemies down will speed up your Titan timer and earn Attrition points.
- Killing minions also unlocks weapon attachments.
- To kill minions efficiently, try using the Assassin class’ smart pistol secondary weapon. It will automatically target minions at close-range. Just maneuver close and wipe out the AI squads with ease.
3. Kill Pilots:
- Killing pilots provides a larger XP bonus. The first player to kill a pilot in a match will also gain an additional XP bonus.
- Pilots, just like you, love going after grunts. At the start of the match, wait where your AI minions are clustered, and wait for an enemy pilot.
- The cloaking device will last longer while using a silencer smart pistol, making a quick kill easier.
4. Use Burn Cards:
- Burn Cards are useful — use them often. Players can only carry a maximum of 25 cards in their deck.
- Rarely, you’ll get an Instant Titanfall burn card, but other cards can be useful too. Powerful abilities like X-Ray vision or amped weapons will make your trek through the early ranks easier.
- Use amped weapon burn cards to help unlock new attachments for a chosen weapon.
- Killing an enemy pilot with a burn card active will also net you an XP bonus.
5. Titans – Destroying and Guarding:
- Using Titans is an easy way to score lots of easy minion kills, but the mechs are weak to enemy pilots.
- Call down Titans fast with burn cards, or get lots of minion kills to speed-up the Titan timer.
- Instead of going offensive, trying playing defensively. Exit the Titan and use Guard mode in an enclosed area with fewer sight-lines. Leave it behind while you farm grunts to score extra AI-minion and pilot kills.
- Whenever you spot a Titan, shoot at it. Even if you don’t destroy it, move on — that Titan will inevitably be destroyed, and you’ll get some easy assist XP.