Titanfall: PC Crash, Installation & Connectivity Issues Help Guide
Having PC issues with Titanfall? You are not alone. To help alleviate the throngs of confused customers, Electronic Arts put together a list of helpful advice for PC users to survive some of these launch issues.
Check out the help guide below to get you out of the PC rut. These fixes, work-arounds and words of advice come straight from EA.
How to Fix – Crashes, Installation & Connectivity Issues
Note: EA promises fixes are incoming. Until then, try these official fixes and tweaks.
Titanfall Cannot be Installed on 32-bit Systems
- Players running on a 32-bit version of Windows will be unable to install and play Titanfall on their PC.
- When installing Titanfall from a physical disc on to a 32-bit system, you’ll encounter the below error, reading, “Error: A redistributable package (audio_installer.exe) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1)”
- If you’re encountering this error, you can confirm whether you system is 32-bit or 64-bit by clicking the Start button, then right-clicking Computer and selecting Properties. You’ll find this information listed as “System type.”
Troubleshooting Titanfall Installation Fails at 20% and 31%
- If your installation of Titanfall fails at 20%, there is likely an issue or difficulty with your installation of Direct X. You can troubleshoot your Direct X installation by trying to reinstall Direct X, or if issues persist, by contacting Microsoft support directly.
- If your installation of Titanfall fails at 31%, this is usually due to a problem encountered while downloading Titanfall’s audio file.
- You can troubleshoot your Titanfall installation by opening your Origin client, heading to the My Games tab, right-clicking the Titanfall game tile, and selecting Repair.
Hard-Drive Related Installation Issues
- Some players are reporting installation issues with Titanfall when using a hard drive formatted FAT32. Due to file-size restrictions inherent to FAT32 systems, some of the larger files within the Titanfall installation are unable to be managed by these hard drives.
- To successfully install Titanfall, make sure your hard drive is formatted NTFS. You can find instructions on how to convert a hard drive partition to NTFS straight from Microsoft.
Connection Errors and Infinite Loop When Trying to Connect on Slower Internet Connections
- Exceedingly slow internet connections may cause an error message when trying to join a server or play your game. Some players may even get stuck in an infinite loop when trying to connect.
- Try resetting your router or modem by unplugging it from its power source for at least fifteen seconds and then plugging it back in the game.
Crashing When Accepting an Invitation to a Match in Progress While Currently in a Match
- If you’re in the middle of a match and accept a friend’s invitation to join their match also currently in progress, your game will crash when accepting your friend’s invitation.
- To solve this issue, make sure before you either inviting a friend or accepting an invitation to exit to the game lobby first.
Players Having Issues Receiving “Militia Pilot” Achievement
- To increase your ability to receive the “Militia Pilot” achievement, try joining a match using the Play option, rather than Quickplay.
Kinect Cannot be Used for Voice-Comms, and “Voice and Microphone” Functionality on PC
- Xbox One and Xbox 360 players cannot use Kinect for Voice over IP, or voice-communication, in-game.
- Similarly, PC players with a microphone-containing-webcam set as your default microphone will have your microphone turned on automatically when playing Titanfall.
- If you do not wish to have your microphone on during gameplay, simply disable it in your game settings or disable it as your default microphone in your computer settings.
Some Intel Processors Must Install Specific Beta Graphics Drivers
- PC players with specific Intel processors, specifically those with Intel Graphics, must download and install a special beta graphics driver to ensure their game runs properly
- You can find this driver, along with a full list of what Intel processors the driver is compatible with, straight from Intel.
- Note: These drivers are intended for Intel HD desktop players only. Some laptop players have reported issues with these drivers.