Torchlight 2 Pet Details Announced [TRAILER]
As anyone who’s played the original Torchlight can tell you, the pet system is genius. Your pet can fight for you, sure, but it can also learn spells, transform into other creatures, and also go to town, sell your loot, and return with potions. Great pets were just one of the reasons the indie dungeon crawler sold over a million copies.
This year, however, they’ll have to compete with the impending release of Diablo III. Good thing, then, that the pet system is back in a new and improved guise, with more options to choose from, as well as new features. Learn more about all the new pets below, and check out the video trailer for more info (both courtesy of the official site).
- The ferret: “Don’t be fooled by his size, the clever ferret is as fierce as a honey badger. With goggles.”
- The chakawary: “Best described as a Velociraptor crossed with a Cassowary.”
- The cat: “Know what we love? Kittehs. Kittehs are now up in your Torchlight II, carryin’ yer lootz.”
- The bulldog: “Solid, tough, and a formidable foe to all who fear slobber.”
- The hawk: “The Hawk soars above you, keeping watch on the passes ahead, and dive-bombing monsters with her vicious talons.”
- The panther: “Sleek, feral, intimidating, the Panther melts into the shadows and pounces on corrupt undead when they least expect it.”
- The wolf: “Leaving paw-prints like dinner plates, man’s best friend is also a Sturmbeorn’s worst nightmare.”