Trailer for King's Bounty: The Legend Shows Turn-based RPG World Ripe for Battle
King’s Bounty: The Legend is an adventure with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a fantasy world. The main character (warrior, mage or paladin) and his army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. While communicating with NPCs and fulfilling different tasks, the player controls their character in real-time mode and all battles have a strong emphasis on turn-based tactical elements.
King’s Bounty: The Legend is a knight saga containing a blend of role-playing adventure and tactical battles reviving the traditions of the original “King’s Bounty” game. Taking your army of loyal companions in arms across a huge continent made up from dozens of linked locations you will set kings on the throne and overthrow them, saving princesses from the claws of dragons, searchfor pirates’ treasure chests, and vanquish villains who are attempting world domination.
Your character travels in real-time across lands and waters, into the underground and across the skies, searching for treasures, getting equipment, developing multiple skills and fulfilling orders of kings to promote career. When fighting enemies the game switches into Tactics mode. You can control the troops on the battle arena, use the spell book and summon powerful Spirits of Rage.
As the game plot unveils the player will come across puzzles and mysteries and face choices such as either making and alliance with a powerful necromancer or stealing from the Dwarven treasury. Just never break the oath you gave to your king. He does not forget or forgive.
- Up-to-date engine that supports the latest graphics solutions
- Flawless graphics style following classical fantasy traditions
- Attractive, elaborate and user-friendly interface
- Thrilling plot worked out under the guidance of renowned sci-fi writers
- A combination of a dynamic adventure and tactical turn-based battles
- Heroes can move freely across the game world which consists of dozens diverse locations
- Three character types with different game progress styles
- A rich role-playing system including 7 parameters and more than 30 skills and perks and a highly-developed system of tasks and relations
- More than 70 spells to use on the battle arena and in everyday life
- An alternative option for magic development are the Spirits of Rage to be summoned in combat
- More than 60 unique creatures with special abilities and skills ready to fight in your army
- Unique enemies and boss characters
- Dozens of different battle arenas
- Unique arenas for castle sieges
- Various traps and bonuses on battle arenas that can change the course of fight
- Unique system of live items acting of their own will and changing their essence
- Ability to start a family, find a wife and have children
Currently in development by Katauri Interactive and to be published by the 1C Company (and Atari), King’s Bounty: The Legend for the PC is expected to hit shelves on September 23rd in North America. It has already been released in Europe.
You can watch another interesting but strange trailer for the game after the jump.