Tribes: Ascend Adds New Map, Perks, Badge System and More
The latest update to the Tribes: Ascend beta is now live and introduces a new map, new perks, a badge system, and more. One of the perks actually makes melee somewhat useful.
- Badges are now awarded as you achieve certain milestones inside of the game. Each badge has multiple ranks (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Obisidian). You earn bonus XP each time you rank up a badge. You may view available and earned badges, as well as accolades and general stats, through the PROFILE menu broken down by subsections. Note that this system is still a work in progress, and some items are not yet fully complete. In addition, some bugs and issues should be expected.
- Two new perks have been added – Rage and Sonic Punch.
- Rage is a defensive Perk that, fully unlocked, increases energy regeneration for a limited time and provides a 25% heal if nearby your flag when an enemy grabs it.
- Sonic Punch, fully unlocked, creates a shock wave with each melee swing that pushes back nearby players, and can force a flag fumble.
- A new Team Deathmatch map has been added (Outskirts).
Full patch notes available here.
Are you enjoying the Tribes: Ascend beta?