Tribes: Ascend Game Guide
Table of Contents
- The fastest characters in the game all belong to the Light Armor Class. You can reach speeds with these classes that you cannot reach with the others. For this reason, the Light Armor Class characters are typically the ones used to secure flags and make the getaways.
- Many characters that sport the Spinfusor (such as the Pathfinder, who is actually great at this) are able to propel themselves to very high speeds by shooting against terrain to gain momentum. Use this technique to increase your getaway speeds. This will also make it easier for you to track down enemy flag carriers as well.
- You can also use grenades for self propulsion. These work extremely well to add momentum and speed to your character.
- In order to get the most speed while skiing, it is important to make a conscious effort to land on smooth downhill surfaces while you are in the air. Once you reach an uphill incline, give yourself a little boost and let go of it immediately once you’re heading a downhill surface that’s smooth again. It’s like breathing in and out, and once you are able to get the timing you will be adding onto your speed on every downhill slope without losing any speed on the uphill slopes. This will ensure a continuous gain of speed over time.
- The last thing to take note of is that energy conservation is extremely important when it comes to skiing. Make sure you are only using your energy when you absolutely have to going uphill.
- On the same note, make sure that you use energy when you have to and aren’t too stingy with it. Being stingy will result in you losing speed when you really don’t want to. This will make it extremely difficult for you to catch a skilled player.