Tribes: Ascend Game Guide
Table of Contents
- The Raider is a Medium Armor class that you will have to purchase.
- The primary weapon of the Raider is the Arx Buster. This weapon fires three shots and is great for precise shots to take out enemies and base defenses.
- You can purchase the Grenade Launcher, which fires grenades that explode at long range and bounce at close range. Like the other grenade weapons, this is great to use indoors and in close quarters.
- The next weapon is the NJ4 SMG. This weapon has a larger clip than the Technician’s SMG but deals the same amount of damage.
- The EMP Grenade is the first of the Raider’s belt items. This grenade deals damage like other grenades. Aside from this, however, it also has a function that no other grenade has- it will drain the energy out of the target that you hit. This is EXTREMELY useful for stopping anyone you are chasing, cornering low HP targets and stunning them before finishing them off, etc.
- The Whiteout Grenade, as the name might suggest, basically creates a bright flash that momentarily blinds your enemy. This is another extremely useful grenade that the Raider possesses. It is for this reason that I feel that the Raider has the best belt items in the game. The Whiteout Grenade is great for demobilizing and disorienting your opponents. Feel free to use these anywhere.
- The Raider sports the Shield Pack takes your energy and converts it into health. You can also decide to buy the Jammer Pack which turns your armor white and makes you a lot less detectable.
- The Raider is going to be used in your attack line. They are absolutely excellent at countering Technicians (in fact, they are like the polar opposites). In lue of this, they can really make life easier for your Infiltrators on offense.