Tribes: Ascend Open Beta Starts Feb 24, Includes Content Update
As of Friday, February 24 at noon EST (17:00 GMT), anyone can create an account and download Tribes: Ascend to play in the open beta, without the need for a beta key. This week’s patch adds a new game mode, four new maps, and new regions.
But don’t worry, closed beta players — all XP and unlocks will be preserved, with no planned character wipes.
A significant patch this week will include:
- New gametype, Arena Deathmatch, with two initial maps
- New Capture The Flag map, Temple Ruins
- New Team Deathmatch map, Inferno
- Two new unlockable items for the Soldier class: Proximity Grenade and Utility Pack
- New default suits for Doombringer and Brute
- Ability to view either Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword skins from Class menu
- Service supporting Name Change
- Large number of bug-fixes and balance adjustments.
Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer said:
The Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta has exceeded our expectations. Over 300,000 players participated in the Closed Beta and the game has improved greatly based on community feedback. We are now excited to launch Open Beta this Friday. We have expanded capacity in North America, Europe, and Australia and added new local servers to support growing communities in Brazil and Asia.
Having played in the closed beta, I can tell you that Tribes: Ascend promises to be a solid throwback to classic ’90s-era shooters with a modern twist. If you like fast-paced gameplay and aren’t afraid of a learning curve, give the beta a try.
via press release