Trine 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Move to the right and drop into the hole. Throw a hammer to the left to break open some rock, and then hit the critter in the eye to chase it away. Remove the “plug” on a pipe just to the left of the platform on the right. Use the two pieces of pipe to build a curve blowing up, and then place the plug in the empty pipe beneath the ledge above you. Float up and land on the plug, then jump up to proceed. Use the shield to spill the first acid burst down the drain, and avoid the second. Then there is a wave of salamanders. Above you, note the spike ball, and place a full-size crate on it. Grapple up to the bucket, climb on top of it, and then leap to the crate. Conjure a crate on the other side of the chasm, and then place a plank across the gap.
- Once you’re on the other side, huddle in the lee of the next ledge to let all the spike balls go past overhead. At the next pit, conjure a crate, leap onto it as Pontius, throw a hammer up and to the left, and then jump back. You’ll have to be fast, the acid will eat the crate. This will drop a rock you can use to get across the acid. I slid the rock 3/4s of the way to the right, used another temporary crate to leap into the acid, then across to the rock, and then just built a ramp to get out.
- Next you will face a wave of salamanders. Pull the switch to bring up dropping platforms, and either leap across them, watching the timing and not being afraid to jump back when you need to buy a bit more time, or swing overhead via the bucket. Pull the switch in the middle of the next section to drain the pool to the left. Descend, cut the log to the left loose, and then carry it up. Use the two barrels to get as far into the water as you can. It sounds ridiculous, but the next part is easy. Place the biggest plank you can on the ledge to the right. Then create another one and place it on top of it, about half way down its length. This will tip the whole assembly toward you, allowing you to run up one plank to the second, before they all fall into the water.
- Leap the acid pit and onto the first cog. There’s a plank above you that you can grapple to and get over the second one. Look out for spiders! Head to the left and use the grapple to ascend to the next ledge. Use the barrel above you on the left to splode the space open, then throw a hammer straight up. Use a couple of crates to ascend, and then use the grapple to get the rest of the way up.
- Use the levitate power to rotate the wheel to get some momentum, then drop a crate on the platform to the left to raise the one on the right, then leap to it. Hop across the dropping platform and grapple above you to fight off some spiders and get a collectible. Look to your right where the spiked balls are dropping and see a fragile point in the floor. Hit it to stop some of the acid flowing your way and making your path easier. On the other side, you’ll want to jump from the dropping platform onto a plank or crate to save you some damage, then leap to the right and grapple to safety. There are salamanders too, just so you know.
- Keep going and now it’s time to drop down a lot! Head to the right, fight off some creepy undersea dudes, the hammer helps with their shields, and then keep going to the right, pulling a switch to clear your path. Reach a small stone platform and throw the hammer straight up to clear the path, then grapple up. Pull down all the pipes. Build a u-bend off the left one, attach the T junction to the pipe on the right, and then connect them with the curve and the straight pipe. Drop down and pull the switch on top of the platform to clear the path ahead of you. Drop all the way to the bottom, push the barrel to the right, and block it with a crate. Return to the switch, flood the chamber again, and then swim to the barrel, using it to gain the next ledge.
- The spider web behind you is deceptive, as you will be hit by a big wave of mermen. The first bridge will collapse after some damage, and you’ll need a ranged weapon to hit the guys off to the right. A spider will join the party, but he’s easy to toss in the acid. Throw the switch to drain the pit to the right, then move on. Use the grapple to pull the acid pourer to the left, then set up beneath it and grapple to the right side of it to clear the pit. Watch out for the glowing pods from now on.
- Pull the acid pourer to the left and put a crate on it to keep it away. Jump from the dropping platform to the right onto the acid pourer. Place another crate to keep it steady, then jump two platforms to the right, and quickly take out the tentacle. Head to the right, jump onto the swinging platform, and take out another tentacle. Then quickly move to the left, up to that side, and take out one more. There are acid pods about, so clear your path first, and the tentacle above the swinging platform will spit out acid periodically. When the danger is clear, keep going and enter the mirror to finish the level.