Trine 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- To move through the door you have to “disappear”. Place the crate that is already there on the spikes on the far right of the screen to create a platform. Then build a tower of crates to reach it and then the door will open and a goblin will come out. In the next area, use a crate to move safely on the spikes and kill the goblin to the left above you. Then set the barrel high on the right on fire. That will clear your way. Use the next barrel that you drop to blow up the wall across from you, then swing over with the grappel. Conjure a small crate on the snow, change to the archer, and slowly edge forward, aiming at the water bulb, as you knock the crate off the edge. That will open the space, shoot the bulb, and watch the plant grow!
- Head up the plant and to the right and expect to face a pack of goblins. Place a crate on the spiked ball and give it a good push with the wizard. Then grapple to the crate and swing as far as you can to the right. It may take a couple of tries to get the timing right. To get past the next section, I built a stack of two crates, and then put a long plank and a smaller crate on top, to hold the plank in place. That got me halfway across, then a well-timed jump made the rest a snap. The next section is very Indiana Jones. Bust out the ceiling to let light in, then place a crate on the empty hand so you can adjust it. Use the levitate to move the crate until the light shines through the crystal into the portal and opens the door!
- For the next leap, watch for the first two chunks of stalactites to fall at the same time, then start leaping. Once you go you can’t stop, as the platforms are icy slopes, but if you start at that point, you should make it just fine. Next comes a big force of goblins, finished with a fire berserker. For the next puzzle, stack three crates high and then angle a plank against the blue button overhead to keep it pressed. Obviously, build this to your left while you stand at the right edge of the pit. Then drop to the platform and throw the hammer. You’ll need to keep jumping to keep from falling, but when the passage opens, go in and pull the switch, then hop up to your right.
- Obviously the next mechanism is jammed, so look up for a barrel. Shoot it with a fire arrow and then pull the switch. You’ll want your shield to the left for the first bout of fire, then look for a pipe to pull out on the left side and then block to your right. At the bottom, a collectible chest is to your left. On the right, drop an exploding barrel, and then another. Place them both in the laval with the wizard, one on the far left, and one on the right, and use them to cross the pit. Oh, did I forget to mention? Either bring the T-junction pipe with you, or you’ll have to go back and get it! Place it so the air blows up and to the right, then stand atop the air. Use the shield to protect yourself when the flame comes around, and use a crate and plank to make a small bridge to reach the upper right.
- Fire berserker? You bet! Next, ride a platform over lava, and keep the shield handy and up. Jump the spikey ball and you’re fine. The next section, however, is quite a pain. Hop up onto the platform above you first with the thief. Then place the curved pipe over the lava pipe to fall to the right. Jump on the moving platform, which takes a LONG time, and when you get under the pipe, pull it loose so the lava drops behind you. After that, it’s just a matter of getting over one more spikey ball. In the next section, throw a hammer up to the left to free the pipe. Put the pipe on the lava, flowing out to the left. Then, place a plank beneath the upper portal, then drop through it to land up top. There is a chest to your right. Move the upper portal over the ice, then move the lower portal to the left so the lava flows through it, clearing your path.
- On the swinging platform, rotate it to the right until it’s at its farthest point and the next platform is raised. Conjure a crate or two on your platform to move up and on. So what do you thinmk next? Goblin wave? Yeah, goblin wave. After that, start sliding a little bit to your right and throw the hammer up to free the boulder. This next battle will seem very familiar. Let the giant goblin clear the path to the right to find the “trap”. Equip your biggest weapon and put him down. Then build a pile of crates to the right to get you up and over. Then, your path will clear magically before you.