Trine 2 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- Use the wizard’s crates and a plank to create a bridge halfway across the burning chasm, then jump to hit the switch. Break through the barrier and move into the building. The easiest way to get through the next section is by putting two crates (one is already here) in a stack and putting two planks across. Place a crate on the first switch you see, then place one up on the platform. Push it to the right so the crate presses the button and the barrel on the rolling platform is on the second button. Enter the door.
- Don’t remove the pipe below you, or salamanders will start crawling out of the cauldron. Instead, put a plank across the fire and run. You’ll take some damage, but make it. Then change to the knight to kill the spider, and go up and back to the left. Stack crates to reach the next level. Then jump off, following the orbs, and prepare to jump fast as the platforms drop. Keep an eye on the platforms, as the first and last ones drop on their own. Leap down when the last one is starting to come back up again and skip the first one altogether. You’ll have to kill another spider if you drop down. Pull the lever to open the door to move on.
- Next is a section with two fire wheels. Keep your shield up and it’s easy to get past. Jump over the rumbling boulders to move up the stairs, and you’ll confront a spider. One hit will drop it down to you, where it’ll be easy to take care of. In the next section, drop down. Make a small crate and use it to break the shelf that a pipe is sitting on to the bottom left. Use that to build a wind pipe going through the portal on the left, then follow it through to reach the next area. Take the bubble up to the next level, killing the spider on the way. Drop down, killing salamanders, all the way to the bottom, where you will dismantle pipes that keep bringing them out of cauldrons, then proceed right. Use the portals to reach the orbs, then move the crate onto the platform to open the hatch.
- Head along through the passage, read the book, and jump into the portal to move on. Getting up the next platforms is all a matter of timing, jump all the way left, then back again, and jump as soon as they’re starting to come back up. Move the portal so the projectiles go through it to hit the switch, then build a bridge across the pit. There are spiders now, so watch for them, then jump over the next pit, stand in the middle of all the projectiles, and drop the big crate to use to reach the next ledge. Ride the wheel back and forth to get it to move, then jump across to keep it moving to the right, and jump to the floating platform there. Leap to the switch and pull it to keep moving.
- Place a plank and crate bridge on the edge as far out as you can without it being hit by the dropping crates, then leap across. Drop into the portal, and use the momentum to reach the swinging platform. In the next section, you’ll face some spiders, and then a pit. Move the portal all the way to the left, drop in and appear up top, moving immediately to the right to avoid being dropped. Then place a plank across the gap and drop onto it immediately, then instantly jumping because it will break apart very quickly. In the next area, use the wizard to pull the pipe out from beneath the first cauldron, and flip it over to kill the boil. Then pull the switch and head off up and to the left. Keep moving and you’ll reach the end.