Tropico 4 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 1: Rise to Power
This mission focuses on setting the base components of gameplay into place. For this and every mission, the primary concerns for success revolve around Food, Religion, Healthcare, Homes, and Fun.
- Background: Farmer, Biblical Scholar, Born in the Purple, Chief of Police, Developer, Fortunate Son, Harvard U., Leftist Author, Man of the People, Moscow U., Naturalist, Professor.
- Rise to Power: Heir Apparent, Installed by the CIA, Communist Rebellion, Elected as Capitalist, Elected as Socialist, Velvet Revolution.
- Traits: Administrator, Entrepreneurial, and Hardworking are best for this scenario, with Charismatic, Diplomatic, Financial Genius, Green Thumb, Hypochondriac, and Incorruptible also worthy choices.
- One tornado.
- Pause the game, and orient the camera view so the Docks are at the top of the screen.
- Use the Crop conditions Overlay, and find where the closest, most fertile farmland is to town. Notice it also shows the crops that are best suited for this land are corn, papaya, and pineapple.
- Build one Farm of corn, papaya, and pineapple in the lower left section of the + sign made by your roads.
- Build the Church directly under the Tenement building, and to the left of the Palace. This area will be the main housing area, so the Church will be close to the bulk of your citizens at this location.
- Do not hire Priests immediately once the Church is built! Let the game time flow for about six months, giving your qualified citizens ample time to fill those positions. If they are not filled by the end of the year, or by the time the next Freighter arrives, manually hire a Priest for the remaining positions.
- Build a Clinic (Preventive Medicine) to the right of the Garage, so it’s facing the Palace. Build another Clinic (Preventive Medicine) south of the food farms, right next to the rocks.
- Do not hire Doctors immediately once the Clinics are built! Let your citizens fill what positions they can. The optional task (!) Calling All Doctors should pop up soon after building the clinics, so wait for it before hiring doctors.
- You are given the option to build Tenements, Apartments, or Houses. Tenements will house the most people for cheapest, so build two more beside the one you already have, where they’ll be close to the Church.
- Building one each Childhood Museum (Loudspeakers), Pub (No Dress Code), Restaurant (Cloth Napkins), and Cabaret (No Dress Code) should satisfy the Fun factor for this scenario.
These are the tasks to Accept and accomplish in order to strongly finish the mission. They are listed by task name, task provider, task, and Reward or benefit. Again, due to the randomness of gameplay, you may or may not see all these tasks, and they may or may not be in the order listed. Most other tasks are optional, and are best accepted if you really need it, i.e., if it rewards a crucial or immediate benefit to your Treasury, faction respect, nation respect, or a low ranked item that needs increasing.
No High School in Tropico – Miss Pineapple
Build a High School.
Increased worker quality.
The Cabinet – Nick Richards
Build a Ministry and hire a full cabinet of ministers.
Allows certain Edicts to be issued.
Crime Safety – Antonio Lopez
Build a Police Station.
Lowers Crime rate.
Don’t Worry, Be Happy – Generalissimo Santana
Increase the Overall Happiness of your island to at least 45%.
$25,000 Swiss Bank Account (SBA), less chance of Rebels.
Childhood Museum – Penultimo
Build a Childhood Museum.
+15 Loyalists Respect, SBA profit.
Sign This, Please – Penultimo
Issue the Building Permit edict.
+15 Loyalists Respect, SBA profit.
Books for Everyone – Nick Richards
Issue the Literacy Program edict.
$5,000 per year, increased citizen education.
Finances – Antonio Lopez
Export 500 Tobacco.
Fear of Food Shortages on St. Clara – Penultimo
Increase the Food Quality of your island to at least 60%.
Increased Overall Happiness.
Calling All Doctors – Generalissimo Santana
Have at least 4 Doctors.
$25,000 SBA, improved Healthcare.
Petition for a new Guard Station – General Rodriguez
Build a new Guard Station.
+15 Militarists Faction Respect.
Show Us the Goods – Ambassador Crane
Increase the export volume to the US to 500.
+15 US Relations, Treasury profits.
Give Me Money – Generalissimo Santana
Earn $25,000 Treasury from exports.
$25,000 SBA, Treasury profits.
The World Needs Our Help – Sunny Flowers
Build a Garbage Dump.
+15 Environmentalists Respect, cleaner island.
Return to the main Tropico 4 Walkthroughpage.