Tropico 4 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 2: It’s All Mine
This mission will have you building mines and exporting ore and other commodities in order to fill your Treasury. However, you’ll also face a host of minor problems to contend with, including low commodity prices, trapped miners, and low population, and three possible natural disasters. Money will be tight through the first half of this mission, so spend carefully.
- Background: Miner, Developer, Oil Tycoon.
- Rise to Power: Communist Rebellion, Elected as Socialist, Heir Apparent, Installed by the CIA, Velvet Revolution.
- Traits: Administrator, Charismatic, Diplomatic, Entrepreneurial, Green Thumb, Hardworking, Multiple Personality Disorder, Scholarly.
- Earthquakes, tsunami, and volcanic eruption.
- Corn, Papaya, and Pineapple are the best crops to grow here, with the best soil located just below town, if your map is oriented with the Docks at the top of your view.
- Farms for Sugar are also best built here, so make it your best cash crop.
- You start with two Corn Farms built on less fertile soil, so don’t be afraid to Demolish them once you have the others up and running.
- Two or three fully staffed Churches should be enough to appease the Religion factions in this scenario, or two Churches and the Cathedral.
- Because of the low population, you will most likely have to hire all the Priests yourself.
- Build two Clinics near the center of town; set one on Preventive Medicine, and the other on Obstetrics.
- Because of the low population, you will most likely have to hire all the Doctors yourself.
- Make your housing area the section of land above or below the Road that runs east-west, between the beach and the rocks.
- Place your support buildings (Clinics, Churches, Markets, Schools) on the other side of that Road.
- Stick with building Tenements (Normal Maintenance) for this scenario.
- Building one each Childhood Museum (Loudspeakers), Pub (No Dress Code), Restaurant (Cloth Napkins), and Cabaret (No Dress Code) should satisfy the Fun factor for this scenario.
Partners? – CEO Keith Preston
Export 500 iron ore.
Gold, Bauxite, Salt – CEO Keith Preston
Tropico will export salt.
There are two salt mines relatively close to town, one near the ruins, the other further east near the beach. Build a Mine on each, and connect them to the main east-west Road.
Export Salt – CEO Keith Preston
Export 500 Salt.
Corner the Market – CEO Keith Preston
Build a total of 5 mines, ore or salt.
+10% to all mining products
A National Tragedy – Penultimo
We rely on the help of our foreign friends to save our miners (+$10,000 disaster relief aid)
A drill from China – Yu Li
Accept the drill to rescue your trapped miners.
Made in China – Penultimo
Blame China (-50 relations with China for 3 years)
A Rescue Plan of Our Own – Miss Pineapple
Construct an Academy of Science.
Gray Matter Matters – Miss Pineapple
Hire 4 foreign experts for the Academy of Science.
Rescue – Now or Later? – Penultimo
No, we must rescue our people immediately.
Get Rich – Penultimo
Gain $100,000 from ore exports.
Final objective: Complete this objective to win the mission.
Prospectors – CEO Keith Preston
Hire geologists to look for new ore deposits.
Uncle Sam Wants Tobacco – Ambassador Crane
Export 500 Tobacco. You will receive $5,000 if you accept this task.
+15 US Relations
Promise of Freedom – Miss Pineapple
Build an Academy of Science.
+15 Intellectuals Respect
Return to the mainTropico 4 Walkthrough page.