Tropico 4 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission3: Into the Spotlight
It’s time to get El Presidente’s name out to the world! The focus in this mission is on tourism, and getting tons of Followers for El Presidente. You’ll need to build a thriving tourism business, which will need to be very profitable, since the British are collecting a 20% tax on all exports, with the exception of tourism. Of course, you still have to provide the basic necessities for your people!
- Background: Travel Agent, Pop Singer, Silver Spoon.
- Rise to Power: Hotel Corporate Buyout, Elected for Family Values, Elected as Capitalist.
- Traits: Sociable, Well-Travelled, Entrepreneurial, Financial Genius, Hardworking.
- Earthquakes, volcanic eruption.
- Pause the game and orient your view so the Docks are at the top. You’ll see the town is on the left side of the lowest ground on island Cara Libro.
- Use the Crop conditions Overlay, which shows Corn, Papaya, and Pineapple are the best crops to grow here.
- Just to the right of town are some boxed areas divided by hedgerows. Build Farms and Ranches inside these, preferably in the one closest to town.
- You start with two Corn Farms, built outside of the hedgerows and along the main north-south Road. Demolish them once you have their replacements fully functional.
- Sugar is the best cash crop here, with Coffee secondary.
- Build two Churches as soon as possible, spaced out enough to cover your housing area.
- Allow time for your qualified citizens to fill the Priests positions, but expect to hire foreigners anyway.
- Once your tourism industry is profitable, consider building a Cathedral before or after Reverend Esteban requests it.
- Build two Clinics as soon as possible, spaced out enough to cover your housing area.
- Allow time for your qualified citizens to fill in the Doctor positions, but expect to hire foreigners anyway.
- After demolishing the two Corn Farms you started with, make this strip of land in between the main north-south Road and the hedgerows your housing area.
- Use Tenements as your main housing unit, at least until your tourism profits kick in.
- The usual Pub, Restaurant, and Cabaret should keep citizens happy while you focus on providing fun for your tourists.
- When affordable, and after hiring a Minister of Economy, consider issuing the Mardi Gras edict.
Can I Accomodate You? – Penultimo
Build 5 Bungalows. You’ll need to build a Tourist Dock before building any accommodations.
- Have your camera view situated with the Docks at top? Good. Pan the view a little south of town. See that lovely bay with the pristine beach? This is where to focus your tourists attractions.
- Build the Tourist Dock down on the beach.
- Build (at least) 5 Bungalows nestled up next to the rock outcrop, and have them facing the beach and bay.
Attractions – Penultimo
Attract Eco-tourists (Tour Office)
Attract Spring Break Tourists (Cocktail Bar)
Attract Wealthy Tourists (Spa)
- There seems to be an endless mass of Spring Break tourists, and their accommodations are generally the cheapest to build. Do place a Police Station nearby, or even Baywatch style.
- Eco-tourists are the middle ground in numbers and expenses. They expect to venture out to see the island sights, so build them attractions for that.
- The Wealthy expect expensive attractions, but may also ultimately bring in the most money.
How to Maximize Tourism Profits? – Brunhilde Van Hoof
Build a new Hotel.
- If you selected the Hotel Corporate Buyout as your Rise to Power option, your first Hotel can be built for free. If you have the funds, build two.
- Build the Hotel(s) on top of the rock outcropping overlooking the bay, above where you built the Bungalows. Extend the Road from town to here going east-west, so tourists may go into town to visit the Bank and other places.
1,000,000 Twits – Penultimo
Gain 1,000,000 Followers. Complete optional tasks to gain more followers.
Final objective: Complete this objective to win the mission.
Welcome to Tropico – Brunhilde Van Hoof
Attract at least 30 Tourists.
$10,000 and Followers per tourist visit.
All About the Ratings – Brunhilde Van Hoof
Achieve a Tourism Rating of 50.
El Presidente’s Secret Stash – Antonio Lopez
Amass $100,000 SBA.
Cult of Personality – Antonio Lopez
Build a TV Station.
Gain Followers each month based on the number of journalists on the island.
Green is in – Penultimo
Improve the Environment of your island to at least 60.
50,000 Followers, $25,000 SBA
To Serve & Protect – Penultimo
Improve the Crime Safety of your island to at least 60.
50,000 Followers, $25,000 SBA
Who Has the Biggest Boat? – Generalissimo Santana
Build a Luxury Liner.
$25,000 SBA; 100,000 Followers
Hyperinflation in Tropico? – Antonio Lopez
Issue the Print Money edict.
Isn’t It Fun to Be Number 1 – Penultimo
Have at least 3 Hotels and 5 Attractions.
(Visit) Dictators Meet on Cara Libro – Generalissimo Santana
Build a Rollercoaster.
(Visit) Rebel Leader Spotted on Cara Libro – Marco Moreno
Have 5 Soldiers.
(Visit) US Senator to Visit Cara Libro – Nick Richards
Build a new Luxury Hotel.
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam! – Penultimo
Celebrity Hot Spot – Penultimo
Attract 50 Wealthy Tourists.
100,000 Followers; $25,000 SBA
“I am a Golden God” – Penultimo
Build a Golden Statue.
Promise of Freedom – Miss Pineapple
Build a High School.
+15 Intellectuals Respect.
The World Needs Our Help – Sunny Flowers
Build a Garbage Dump.
+15 Environmentalists Respect
Return to the mainTropico 4 Walkthrough page.