Tropico 4 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 4: IMPORTant Business
This mission makes you focus on factories and factory workers as you set to build a thriving industry on Yerma Encarnado. Penultimo has conveniently ‘lost’ the blueprints to all the Farms and Mines, forcing you to deal strictly with fishing, logging, ranches, and importing goods. Tourism is alive on the island, as well, but don’t let it pull you away from the main tasks. Orient the camera view to where the Docks are at the top of the screen.
- Background: Self-Made Man, Silver Spoon
- Rise to Power: Capitalist Rebellion, Elected as Capitalist
- Traits: Administrator, Entrepreneurial, Financial Genius, Hardworking, Scholarly
- Tsunami, wrecked oil tanker, drought.
- The only food you’ll be able to produce will come from ranches, so make sure you Import all other foods you want.
- There is more than enough Pasture land available for ranches, located on the island tier down from town.
- Quickly build at least three Farms here at the start of this mission. Once they are up and running, Demolish the two Cattle Ranches you started with, since the land they are on is less-than-desirable.
- Make sure to extend the main Road from town down to your new Ranches.
- No special strategies here.
- You’ll be directed to build a Power Plant later in the mission, so consider building a Hospital soon after.
- After building the Power Plant, consider building Condominiums and Mansions for your wealthy citizens.
- Also, upgrade Tenements and Apartments once your power grid goes online.
- Since the focus is so much on work in this scenario, make sure to balance that with enough places to play to keep your citizens happy and content.
- Make us of entertainment buildings that require power once your Power Plant goes online.
Customs Office – CEO Keith Preston
Build a Customs Office.
$30,000 Treasury, Lower Raw Resource Prices by 30%
- Once built, set it to Free Economic Zone.
Canned Coffee – CEO Keith Preston
Export 1,000 Canned Coffee.
- Have to first build a Cannery, then go into your Almanac and set Coffee to Allow Imports.
Striking Workers! – Penultimo
Construct a Cosmic Pin to prevent further strikes.
$5,000 SBA; Strikes Subside.
Of Dungeons and Dragons
Upgrade the Colonial Fort to a Dungeon to prevent further strikes.
Develop the Industry – CEO Keith Preston
Export $100,000 in Industry Goods in 8 years.
Power Plant – CEO Keith Preston
Generate 121 MW of Power Supply.
Luxury Goods – CEO Keith Preston
Import 500 Luxury Goods.
Factory Workers – CEO Keith Preston
Employ 40 Factory Workers.
Final Objective: Complete this objective to win the mission.
Additional Docks – CEO Keith Preston
Build 1 Additional Dock.
- Build the additional Dock on the beach to the left of the tier of land below town, where the new Ranches were built.
- Extend the Road from town to the new Docks.
- The tier of land close to these Docks is also very suitable for a Logging Camp/Lumber Mill/Furniture Factory industry, so build them once you have the funds.
- Once your Power Plant goes online, build a Substation to extend the power grid to this tier of land, and upgrade your buildings here.
More Teamsters – CEO Keith Preston
Construct a second Teamster’s Office.
- If you haven’t already done so, build this one near the second Docks, or near the Logging/Lumber/Furniture buildings.
Mind over Matter – CEO Keith Preston
Build a Blimp Ride.
Initial Effect: People Become Smarter.
People Become even Smarter.
- There’s a third beach on the island, to the right of town. Build here if you wish to develop Tourism, and include this Blimp Ride.
Lead Exporter – CEO Keith Preston
Objective: Earn at least $500,000 from Industry exports.
- Depending on the strength of your industrial base, this mission may be the longest to accomplish.
- Constantly keep a close watch on market prices for both imports and exports.
- Also pay close attention to wages for all your factory workers, Teamsters, and construction workers. The better they are paid, the better quality of work they produce.
Return to the mainTropico 4 Walkthrough page.