Tropico 4 Walkthrough
Table of Contents
Mission 5: Tropico Above All
This mission will have you working to bring Tropico to the forefront of the world’s view, by becoming number one in a series of categories set forth by the UN. You’ll be challenged on a variety of factors, including military, infrastructure, entertainment, and eventually a nuclear program, all the while keeping the five prime elements (food, religion, healthcare, homes, fun) balanced and sufficient.
- Background: Developer. Because this mission will have you dabbling in so many areas, any of the Backgrounds could work, but Developer is picked mainly for the -20% Building costs.
- Rise to Power: Installed by the CIA.
- Traits: Administrator, Charismatic, Cheapskate, Diplomatic, Entrepreneurial, Flatulence, Hardworking, Scholarly
- There is enough fertile land spread around the island to build at least a couple of each Farm.
- Fishing is good almost all the way around the island.
- Quality pasture land is sparse, so beware if you choose to go with The World’s Smelliest Cheese option at the start.
- Build two Churches in close proximity to each other, and leave enough land space open close to each of them to build a Rum Distillery on, in preparation for the Most Rum Drunk record.
- No special strategy.
- Notice that this mission starts with Houses already built, and not Tenements. There are also a few Shacks around town.
- Build one Tenement. After it’s built, and after your citizens find employment, Demolish the Shacks to open up some building space.
- No special strategy.
Your Mark on History – Penultimo
The World’s Biggest Papaya
The World’s Largest Mustache on a Woman
The World’s Smelliest Cheese
Papaya Mania – Penultimo
Have 4 papaya farms.
- After placing the 4 papaya farms, immediately place a Horticulture Station (Organic Agriculture) near them.
Senorita Chinchila – Penultimo
Increase the overall happiness to 55.
The Aroma of the Gods – Penultimo
Have 6 Goat Ranches.
Bigger is Better – Penultimo
Have a Horticulture Station near 4 of your papaya farms.
Reward: The commodity price of Papaya will increase by 100%.
Bad Publicity Or Good Marketing – Penultimo
Complete 5 more World Records.
Records are easy – Penultimo
Build a Mausoleum.
Most Records Held – Penultimo
Complete 7 records.
Reward: Most Records Held record and $50,000 SBA.
World’s Strongest Army – General Rodriguez
Pay Moreno’s men and survive the attack of his 5 rebels.
Reward: World’s Strongest Army record.
Largest Population – Comrade Vasquez
Have 3 Docks to accommodate the influx of population.
Reward: World’s Largest Population record and 20 enemies of progress.
- Place the new Docks up close to the one you start with.
- Be sure to connect them via Road to town.
- 1 iron ore deposit, 1 salt deposit, and plenty of logging and pasture land are close by, so consider building on them as part of your industrial base.
World’s Richest Country – Antonio Lopez
Have 2 Banks to be able to store all the money.
- Keep them on the Urban Development setting to help lower building construction costs, since there’s a lot of building in this mission.
Biggest Territory – El Diablo
Build a cheap, shabby Nuclear Program to shoot a Tropican flag to Mars.
Reward: Biggest Territory award.
Nobel Prize for Peace in Mathematics – Miss Pineapple
Have 3 Generals.
Reward: Nobel Peace Prize in Mathematics (counts as a record).
Most Rum Drunk – Reverend Esteban
Have a Rum Distillery near 2 Churches.
Reward: The Most Rum Drunk record.
Most Interesting Animal – Sunny Flowers
Have a Zoo to expose Tapirs to the unsuspecting world.
Reward: Most Interesting Animal record.
Return to the mainTropico 4 Walkthrough page.