Twisted Metal Walkthrough
Table of Contents
- SWEET TOOTH’S STORY MODE
- MR. GRIMM’S STORY MODE
- DOLL FACE’S STORY MODE
SWEET TOOTH’S STORY MODE
Metro Square – Electric Cage Match
Hints and Tips
- The object of this type of match is to stay within the confines of the electrified cage that jumps from point to point across the map, while still managing to eliminate opponents in the process.
- Whenever you are outside of the perimeter of the cage, you’re life will gradually recede over time until you are back within it.
- At the start of the level you will have a red ring on the left side of your screen that represents the grace period you’re allowed outside of the cage. Try to travel between each of the fenced-in location as quickly as possible to keep this ring intact throughout the entire battle.
- If you should run out of grace period, try to acquire health power-ups on your way to next cage before your life is completely drained.
- While engaging enemies within the cage, stay more towards the area’s center to avoid straying outside the electrified perimeter for even a moment.
- When chasing down retreating enemy vehicles, try to drive them out towards the perimeter of the cage and ram their cars into the out of bounds area.
- Since you are battling in such confined areas, avoid fleeing from a fight whenever possible and instead use a series of u-turns and evasive maneuvers to always maintain a line of fire on the enemies nearest to you.
- Target Road Boat for elimination first, as this vehicle has the ability to launch you through the air and far outside the walls of the cage.
- Defeat all the enemies on this map to acquire the Rear Freeze ability.
Diablo Pass – Death Race
Hints and Tips
- The object of this match is to race along the track and pass through the 12 gates that have been marked with directional arrows, while still managing to secure a first place win.
- Couple your close-range weaponry, such as the flamethrower, with bursts of speed that send you crashing into an opponent’s rear end.
- Use the embankments bordering the turns in the the road as a means of cutting off enemy vehicles in front of you.
- Save your turbo boosts for straightaways and for cutting corners throughout the course to safely gain the lead.
- Try to drive your vehicle along the inside lane as you make your way around the edge of the cliffs to avoid skidding off into the canyon below. Alternatively, you can also use this position to side-swipe enemy drivers and knock them into the chasm instead.
- Just before reaching the tunnel cut into the mountainside, take a right up a dirt incline to ramp across a small section of the chasm and overtake the next vehicle ahead.
- Once you pass the finish line, drive onto the pressure pad beyond it to dentate a series of explosives that eliminates all enemies.
- Achieve first place and destroy all of your opponents to acquire the character of Roadkill.
Brother’s Grimm – Boss Fight
- When the boss battle begins, you should immediately fire a projectile into one of the monster trucks in front of you and drive forward to pass them on the left without being assaulted.
- There are three types of attacks you’ll need to defend against when facing off with the Brothers Grimm: An electrical projectile that temporarily disables your engine, a stomping maneuver that emits a shockwave across the ground and being run over by the wheels of the monster trucks.
- The first of the aforementioned attacks can be evaded by consistently swerving out the trucks’ line of fire, while the other two can be avoided by always keeping a safe distance from either of the bosses.
- Your primary method of attack should be to retreat from the bosses until you’ve covered a fair amount of distance, then make a quick u-turn to face the pursuing vehicles and fire one of the most powerful weapons available.
- Once you have fired upon a boss, make a sudden turn into an alley or down a nearby street to avoid the enemy’s follow=up attack.
- If you have them in you arsenal, drop mines can also be used as an effective weapon when your life is low and a face-to-face battle is out of the question.
- Drive through the buildings, or over the foundations that remain, to pick up health and advanced weaponry during the battle.
- If you must drive straight towards either of the bosses at close-range, try to navigate safely beneath their vehicles by driving between the four enormous wheels.
- Once you have successfully destroyed one of the Grimm brothers, a cut scene will activate in which the other sibling’s vehicle suddenly covers itself in armor plating.
- Drive straight towards the remaining monster truck and veer off to the side of it, then execute a u-turn to put you in pursuit of the enemy and begin your approach.
- Navigate your vehicle between the monster truck’s rear wheels so that you are directly underneath the boss, then maintain this position by tapping the gas and make calculated turns in unison with the enemy.
- Once you have stayed beneath the boss’ vehicle long enough for Gunner’s progress to reach 100%, then watch him jump up into the underside of the truck so that you can now retreat from Grimm.
- Outrun Grimm to avoid his various attacks during your retreats and keep an eye on Gunner’s progress with the C-4 until he is eventually shaken loos from his position.
- Drive back beneath the monster truck to rescue the dangling Gunner, then continue your retreat until a cut scene activates in which the boss’s vehicle loses its armor plating.
- Drain the remaining Grimm brother’s health by unleashing a barrage of missile attacks via quick u-turns to complete this battle.
- Trophy / Achievement Unlocked: …and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal. (Bronze): Complete the Story mode on any difficulty.
- Trophy / Achievement Unlocked: The One That Got Away (Bronze):Complete the Sweet Tooth story on any difficulty.
Return to the Main Walkthrough Page