Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch – Final Version
Killap has released his final version of the unofficial Fallout 2 patch. The patch contains Timeslip’s incredible engine tweaks.
This patch has been in production for several years now and it fixes well over 800+ bugs left in the game since the official 1.02 patch. I suggest using this installer version as opposed to the manual one since the installer will do everything automatically for you. If you want to do things manually though, go ahead and grab the manual rar version. I hope you enjoy the best Fallout 2 experience yet!
Killap also cautions players that if their game comes as the 1.02 version or they happen to install the 1.02 patch before installing his patch, they must install his patch AND delete the patch000.dat file that is found in the Fallout 2 directory. The installer he’s created is designed to take care of all of this, although there is a manual patch for those who prefer or must self install.
The Mac version is also available for download.
Now that Killap has finished up the unofficial patch he can concentrate on the add-on he’s been working on.
Read the full patch notes after the break.
Fixes since June 11th release:
• Door to exit Arroyo temple is now correctly unlocked by Cameron just like it would if you had used the key on it.
• Corrected a raised plate in the Temple of Trials that was detected behind the door you blow through with explosives. Before it was detectable despite there being a solid door (no hole in it yet) in front of you.
• When attempting to scare off Torr with Empathy all of his lines are blue- even the ones where you won’t help him. –FIXED
• A dialog option regarding geckos was being displayed for Smiley even if he never spoke about it.
• Asking Wiskey Bob to give you a drink (after passing a speech check) would cause the conversation to end prematurely. The reason for this was that the game was attempting to use a dialog line only for dumb characters and thus anyone who had an int >3 could never continue the conversation.
• Karl in the Den had a INT 10 check that shouldn’t have been one – was a typo
• Doc Johnson now accepts Combat armor mark II or brotherhood armor for the combat implants.
• Corrected a bug where Doc Johnson would say he wants 30,000 for the phoenix implants, but the script would check for 48,000
• Craps/roulette dealers in the casino were not being set correctly with the family they work for.
• Myron will now correctly carry more (10 lbs) when he promises to do so if you ask him to wait. – this was broken before. Thanks to Timeslip and his tweaks this issue finally became fixable.
• Going on date with Miss Kitty after defeating the Enclave now correctly increases your agility by 1.
*Did nothing before
• Going to see Myron as a hooker (through Miss Kitty) now enables you to see Myron.
*Before, going to see Myron this way did not give you any advantage.
• Fallout 2 hintbook now correctly updates all your stats to 10s, your skills to 300, and your hit points to 999. Thanks to Timeslip’s tweaks this finally became fixable.
• Accept the quest to get Chip’s spleen back. Tell him Dr. Wong has it. Refuse to help put back it in, refuse again when Chips pleads for help, and then finally accept. Following this procedure would cause Chip to continue being mad at your for refusing (despite you finally accepting) and the dialogue option with Dr. Fung would never appear.
• Getting fuel from the Hubologist by means of Badger would not set the Hub fuel reserves to empty and thus using their main computer would still show fuel in the shuttle.
• Added means to direct fuel from hub computer (given the player directed fuel to the hubs in the first place) in the event the player gets stuck and cannot get fuel to the tanker by any other means.
• Fixed issue with getting permission from Ken Lee to use the computer by getting a good reaction as a stupid character. (a bit pointless since dumb characters cannot use the Emperor, but it was a bug that needed to be fixed nevertheless)
• You no longer have a dialog option with Chip to talk about you missing Tribe if you do not know that your tribe has gone missing.
• Fixed some instances with the Gecko Powerplant desk attendant where dialogue options would lead to incorrect nodes.
• Lumpy will now move around the Gecko junkyard map as was originally intended. He will either be in his house, in Skeeters workshop, or by the brahmin. This was the original intent by the devs, but the code was broken/incomplete.
• Corrected a bug with Kohl where a dialogue option would send you to the incorrect node.
• Can no longer get unlimited xp from the VC computer after you beat the game.
• Unlocked spoken dialogue with Lynette (regarding the Raiders) which was never said before because a global var was never being set.
• Dr. Troy’s initial dialog was never being displayed. Now when you speak with him for the first time you will get his correct initial dialog.
• Vault City Main computer will now raise your electrical damage if you are a dumb character – this was broken before. Thanks to Timeslip and his tweaks this issue finally became fixable.
• It is no longer possible to sneak into the Vault in Vault City in combat mode when you are not a citizen.
• Laddie would follow you around invisible if you did not fully complete the Find Johnny quest.
• Karl now appears back in Modoc when you tell him to go home.
*everything was set up in his script to do this but he was never placed on the Modoc map. I added him to the map where the original devs wanted him – Modoc Main street.
• The wedding with Miria or Davin will now really be a “shotgun wedding” Before Grisham would disarm during the wedding despite having had a shotgun in his hands before.
*Fixed bug for dumb players which would cause the Duppo to talk about cattle drives rather than Weston
*Fixed bug which caused stupid characters to get the smart line about Carlson and smart characters to get the stupid line.
*Removed “controversial” addition (by me) of allowing continuous cattle drives to be obtained. This was a quest, so like the original devs set it you can only do one cattle run. Altered text slightly so there does not appear to be a direct invitation on Duppo’s part for the player to come back and work again.
• “Take care of Officer Jack” for Mira quest no longer pops up when Jack dies even if it wasn’t active before.
• Fixed bug with Westin and him reoffering you the quest to guard the brahmin if you already are doing it.
• Error in dialog with guard in Vault 15.
• Several special encounter around Den/Klamath would show up as error.
• Fixed issue with inc_childkiller – would increase karma by (15) in some cases.
• Cleaned up random encounter table
*Fixed incorrect scripts being used for silver gecko, mole rat, matis, and deathclaw desert encounters.
• Brahmin poo (as excreted by the brahmin) should now always appear on the same level the brahmin is on. Before this was not the case.
• More dialogue fixes
• If you kill King Aruthur and his knights you no longer get the second encounter.
• Some scripts were displaying incorrect colors (when using the empathy perk) for several dialog lines. Lenny and Salavtore are such examples.
• It is no longer possible to get every location from a Random Encounter traveler. Before if you ask the traveler for directions, the traveler will say that he/she only knows of these locations. Leaving dialog and then reentering would produce a new set of locations that the traveler only knew about. This did not make sense. Thus, with this patch the traveler will no have the same set of locations for that specific encounter. If you encounter another traveler, he/she will have a new set of locations like in the past, but it won’t change each time you talk in the specific encounter.
• Pariah encounter should now REALLY work correctly. – Thanks to Timeslip and his tweaks this finally became 100% fixable.
*Luck set to 1 if you don’t have Gifted perk, or luck set to 2 if you do have Gifted perk
*Luck correctly returns to your true luck values when you kill the dog
• Fixed bugs with the display messages for using items/skills on doors, objects, etc.
• Corrected issue with a general script bug concerning those few critters that make use of the game’s detailed reaction system. About 50 scripts had the issue. You should notice a better reaction (good or bad) from many characters now. Karma and playing a good/bad characters now plays an even great impact in the game.
• Several doors (such as the slave pen doors in NCR could be destroyed just by punching them. I added a conditional for explosives like all the other doors in the game check.
• Added a preventive towards the “too many items bug” – shopkeepers now wipe their inventory during each restocking time.
• Homeless people in Random encounters counted towards your death count (thereby making you a berserker) when someone else killed them and you no doing so.
• Several children in the game counted for two child kills instead of just one.
Fixed to my own addions:
• All geckos in random encounters are no longer just labeled as geckos but rather as their specific type (ie Fire Gecko, Golden Gecko, etc)
• Removed bug part quest in Klamath (find out who is rustling the brahmin) – now part of expansion
• Removed Phazer from Shuttle encounter – now part of expansion
• Removed Zip gun from Lenny – now part of expansion
• Fixed bug when talking with Protectors at the Ghost Farm (on the surface, at night)
• Fixed a bug when using a skill on Sheriff Marin in Redding
• Removed biology corpse from Hubologist map – now part of expansion
• Removed obtaining of Tragic addiction – now part of expansion