Warcraft RTS: For Those Who Can’t Wait For WarCraft 4
Everyone loves WarCraft 3. Don’t even say you didn’t, you smug son of a gun, because you totally loved WarCraft 3. I think we’d all like to see a WarCraft 4 happen soon, but Blizzard has so much on its plate already. Diablo and StarCraft expansions, Project
Announce-This-Game-Already Titan, and whatever WoW upkeep is required these days is a lot to handle. So maybe WarCraft 4 is a ways off, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait for some new-ish, classic-ish Alliance versus Horde action.
Over on Team Liquid’s site, “StevenLuo” has revealed Warcraft RTS, or WAH for short: a new WarCraft game made in the StarCraft 2 editor with World of Warcraft assets. The trailer, released last week, shows exactly what the above describes: a WarCraft RTS that looks a little WoW-ish.
Some of the features in WAH:
- Two factions: Alliance and Horde
- 14 buildings, 16 units, 18 heroes, and over 50 creeps.
- Three melee maps: Lost Temple, Crossroads, Ashenvale that full of Nightelf style. New melee maps “could be added smoothly on the framework.”
- Complete AI system (player vs AI in skirmish mode)
- Many WOW features, regions, units and abilities.