World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Patch 5.1 Landfall Guide
New Item Upgrade Feature
What to do with all those unused Justice and Valor points laying around? You can now use them to increase the iLevel of your gear. New ethereal traders are arriving with Patch 5.1 and will also take PvP currency (Honor and Conquest points) to upgrade your PvP gear.
How much of an upgrade? The patch notes tell the story:
- Weapons and armor of item level 458 or higher can be improved by up to 8 item levels each.
- Rare quality PvE gear costs 1500 Justice Points to upgrade once for 8 item levels, while Epic quality PvE gear costs 750 Valor Points for 4 item levels and can be upgraded twice.
- Rare quality PvP gear costs 1500 Honor Points to upgrade once for 8 item levels, while Epic quality PvP gear costs 750 Conquest Points for 4 item levels and can be upgraded twice.
The notes also have a warning: items that have received item level enhancements cannot be placed into Void Storage.
But Wait, There’s More
In addition to all this, there is also:
- New, harder, Scenarios:
- Domination Point and Dagger in the Dark (Horde)
- Lion’s Landing and A Little Patience (Alliance)
- Assault on Zan’vess (Alliance and Horde)
- 100% reputation boost items available to utilize account-bound if one character on your account has hit revered for that faction. Great for grinding the same rep on alts.
- You no longer need to be in a raid to enter a raid instance. Time to solo some old world bosses for their new battle pets.
- A new legendary questline has started for Warlocks. It’s not complete yet in this patch, but it’s believed the reward is the ability for Warlocks to color their spellfire green instead of red.
And, of course, there are a slew of class tweaks, UI changes, and bug fixes. Dive in and then tell us what you think about the new Brawler’s Guild, if you can buy your way in.